C class c220 cdi 2012 w204 water pump

Spjones702

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class w204
I need to replace the water pump on my car, I have been on eBay an bought one that said fits my car, after watching some YouTube videos of how to replace and all the videos show a different pump to the one I have purchased. Does anyone have any pics of the correct pump or can off any advice on this matter please?

OP
S

Spjones702

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class w204
The pump has been modified from plastic to aluminium so it may look different.

It looks completely different different shape all together, have contacted the seller to explain but don’t think it’s going to fit my car don’t want to waste the time draining and taking off old one just to put it back on if the new one doesn’t fit and have to replace the coolant. Just wondered if anyone had bought one and had pics or links of correct pump

steveq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 Merc S212 E220CDI Estate; Tesla Model 3; 1965 W113 Merc 230SL Pagoda
Hi,

Here are a couple of photos of the one for your car:-
s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

This is the official MB pump. It comes with the plastic pipes.

It is possible to buy just the pump piece -- that is, the part that is held on by the screws in the first picture.
See below.
s-l500.jpg

This would be significantly cheaper (maybe half the price) but what price would you pay for peace of mind?

OP
S

Spjones702

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class w204
Hi,

Here are a couple of photos of the one for your car:-
s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

This is the official MB pump. It comes with the plastic pipes.

It is possible to buy just the pump piece -- that is, the part that is held on by the screws in the first picture.
See below.
s-l500.jpg

This would be significantly cheaper (maybe half the price) but what price would you pay for peace of mind?

Thank you that is great! This looks nothing like the one I have bought even though eBay said the one I bought fitted my car, I’ll have to send the one I bought back and buy this pump. Just to show you here is a pic of the one that I was told fitter my at...

Attachments

• A605237B-576D-4C17-8402-3BDE979EDD83.png
    A605237B-576D-4C17-8402-3BDE979EDD83.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 10
OP
S

Spjones702

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class w204
Where do you find is the best place to buy this part? Have seen a lot of shady websites with car parts on?

steveq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 Merc S212 E220CDI Estate; Tesla Model 3; 1965 W113 Merc 230SL Pagoda
The pump you got is for the previous OM646 engine.
Your car has the OM651 engine.

I bought mine directly from a main dealer here in Dublin as I wanted it in a hurry.

MercedesBenzofNewcastle advertise on eBay and are a main dealer.

You may also use the opportunity to change the coolant so you will need to buy some of that too.

The job is easier if you have hoseclip pliers.

OP
S

Spjones702

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class w204
The pump you got is for the previous OM646 engine.
Your car has the OM651 engine.

I bought mine directly from a main dealer here in Dublin as I wanted it in a hurry.

MercedesBenzofNewcastle advertise on eBay and are a main dealer.

You may also use the opportunity to change the coolant so you will need to buy some of that too.

The job is easier if you have hoseclip pliers.

thanks for all your help I shall have a look at them now.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom