20% Discount on MB Service plans

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
From 1\7 for 3 months MB are offering the above discount (code SC20) if you pay the whole amount up front. Funnily enough I only enquired about a plan a week ago and was told there were no deals on offer! Glad I waited a week. Seems to be a few glitches online at the moment but you've got 3 months to sort. Worthwhile if you have a big expensive service coming up.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Very interesting.......
I would never take a service plan unless it saves a significant chunk of money, and with this code it would do just that.
I was offered a 2 service plan at £30/24 months but they never even mentioned an upfront cost......perhaps they figured people dont pay upfront for anything these days. :D
Anyway my total to pay with this discount would be £576.
Also the Service Care plan covers additional items such as brake fluid at the second service which is something i would never pay for normally. I would expect MB to charge upwards of £80 for this alone.
I found the page online but never mind the discount code not working, they dont even recognise my registration number! :rolleyes:
https://servicecare.mercedes-benz.c...17FE52A6475D0A490D4C%40AdobeOrg|TS=1593795337

Reactions: GJP

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
what a terrible website.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
what a terrible website.
They are not alone....
Audi also have a 20% discount for their 2 service plan running at the moment. Cost for cars up to 2 litre engine(including S models) after discount is £374, but from all the people I know who tried to buy it online it didnt work....they had to go through a dealer.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
From 1\7 for 3 months MB are offering the above discount (code SC20) if you pay the whole amount up front. Funnily enough I only enquired about a plan a week ago and was told there were no deals on offer! Glad I waited a week. Seems to be a few glitches online at the moment but you've got 3 months to sort. Worthwhile if you have a big expensive service coming up.

Thanks.

OP
P

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Very interesting.......
I would never take a service plan unless it saves a significant chunk of money, and with this code it would do just that.
I was offered a 2 service plan at £30/24 months but they never even mentioned an upfront cost......perhaps they figured people dont pay upfront for anything these days. :D
Anyway my total to pay with this discount would be £576.
Also the Service Care plan covers additional items such as brake fluid at the second service which is something i would never pay for normally. I would expect MB to charge upwards of £80 for this alone.
I found the page online but never mind the discount code not working, they dont even recognise my registration number! :rolleyes:
https://servicecare.mercedes-benz.co.uk/?pid=passengercars_servicecare_module_calculateplancta_210420&adobe_mc=MCMID=25895662014834981642225449572740116836|MCORGID=433D17FE52A6475D0A490D4C%40AdobeOrg|TS=1593795337
No, as I said glitches involved and my reg is not recognised either. I have emailed MB but needless to say not yet had a response. I'm working on the basis that this offer is open for 3 months anyway. I went through exactly the same rowlocks when I took out the discounted service plan last time, only resolved when I called into an MB dealer who were quite happy to sort it all for me. I'll be doing the same again.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was in my dealer today on another matter so took the opportunity to ask about this while I was there.
I said about the 20% discount on service car plans when paying up front using Code SC20....the guy noted all this down but it was news to him so he said he would go and check.
He came back and with a smile on his face asked how I know about this discount code, so I replied also with a smile on my face - "owners forums". :)
He said there is such a thing but there has been no official communication to dealers about it and it has been "paused" by Mercedes at the moment. He said he will keep checking and will give me a call when it goes live.

OP
P

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was in my dealer today on another matter so took the opportunity to ask about this while I was there.
I said about the 20% discount on service car plans when paying up front using Code SC20....the guy noted all this down but it was news to him so he said he would go and check.
He came back and with a smile on his face asked how I know about this discount code, so I replied also with a smile on my face - "owners forums". :)
He said there is such a thing but there has been no official communication to dealers about it and it has been "paused" by Mercedes at the moment. He said he will keep checking and will give me a call when it goes live.
I seem to remember that this is what happened last time, a couple of years ago. I persisted with it and got the discount. Going to call in to a dealer and see what happens. Why MB have to mess about, I don't know.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I seem to remember that this is what happened last time, a couple of years ago. I persisted with it and got the discount. Going to call in to a dealer and see what happens. Why MB have to mess about, I don't know.
ditto Peter, I just kept trying until it worked!

OP
P

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just called into MB Preston and the person who was trying to sort this for me has confirmed that the temporary pause was lifted this morning. Still only online and paid upfront to get the 20% discount. The reason why some reg numbers are not recognized is that apparently these cars have been registered on the system using the VIN number and not even the original reg. (weird).
The dealer could not get me on the system because of the reg. but have promised to get a solution somehow! Fortunately there's no rush for me. Again the service plan is not transferable if you sell - money back unless it's already spent on the service(s) you have already had.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the Code , just got two year plan for C250D @ £730 would have been £1200 for the two service has the gearbox service is due !
That's great. :)
The online code is working for me, but as above my registration number is not recognised.
No rush though, I'll get it eventually. :)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
That's great. :)
The online code is working for me, but as above my registration number is not recognised.
No rush though, I'll get it eventually. :)
Probably too new, worth contacting the dealer they might even give you a better deal?

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Probably too new,
worth contacting the dealer they might even give you a better deal?
Not accepting registration numbers is a problem, see post #10
It's a nice thought....but I think the chances of my dealer beating that offer are slim to none. :D
It does look like I will need my dealers help to get it though.

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
I get a very large discount on my servicing, I do it myself:D

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
It’s like every aspect of commerce MBUK obviously want to drum up service plan trade but they don’t want everyone to benefit or it would be counterproductive hence the reticence to admit that there is an offer on by some franchises.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Again the service plan is not transferable if you sell - money back unless it's already spent on the service(s) you have already had.

I was told they were if you pay it all upfront but if you pay monthly they are not

micky.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 AMG Line Coupe 2015
Does anyone know what level of service you get with the service plan? Is it just the Routine Maintenance items, as shown on the service website, or does it include the recommended Additional Items too?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom