SL55 rad & AC not working

billy bains

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl 55 amg
Hi hope some one can help, took the car for its mot went back to pick it up, apparently it overheated and dumped water from the radiator, it then shows the message coolant visit workshop, changed the sensor under the expansion bottle however message wont clear, called the AA they couldn't clear, it seems the radiator fan is not working and in turn the AC is also not working any ideals would be appreciated.

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
A rad fan fault will bring up a coolant fault. Suspect rad fan but do the usual checks, fuses, connections etc. Actuations via star too.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Fan failed in mine just exactly when I was trading it...about half a mile from my destination !!

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
My air has stopped working too, not checked to see if the rad fan is working, the air con is still working in the centre console and glove box.
The air con switch flashes light red light if you try to switch it on. Scanner says ' faulty air con switch'. The main switch you use to switch on the air con has been checked and is working.
Where is the next switch to check located? o_O

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
If I was at home I'd have a look for you, but I'm sure someone will be able to help.;)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom