Cyclist/Scooterists with no lights.....(rant)

OP
Conor

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
Conor don't "unload" on the copper, it'll make a mess of his dark uniform.

I agree with needing better legislation for bike lights.
Have 'em yes, but not bright LED's right in my face. Being seen is important but that can impair my vision of others on a dark road.

I completely agree lol. Some lights are so bright if I accidentally look straight at them my vision is temporarily impaired.

I guess we can can't have it all :)

That's not aimed at you Conor.

Thanks for clarifying as it would appear I am too sensitive :)

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
You wouldn't like my eyeball melting off road cycling lights then Martin - allegedly 6000 lumens (though they are Chinese so smaller lumens than normal).

As with ours the 'bright' front lights are better for all if illuminating the road. It feels like most are illuminating my face. I can't see the advantage for the sickelist.
In truth even bike rear lights can feel ott, but then so do so many cars with their LED brake lights at traffic lights.

IMHO.

Herr Rosa Teddy Baer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
None at present
[QUOTE="LostKiwi, post:

On a different matter....
Yesterday encountered a cyclist riding the wrong way on a one way street and with a mobile phone being held to his ear....[/QUOTE]
Observed recently in Cambridge a Chinese Student....
Riding the wrong way on a One Way Street
Mobile phone glued to ear
Dark no Cycle lights
Torrential Rain holding an Umbrella in front, hence no forward vision!
But at least there were no passengers:)John

Last edited:

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I think that halogen headlights are around 1200 Lumens, HID about 3000 and some car LED ones are around 6-8000 on full beam.

Most of the time I use lights to be seen rather than to be seen by - hence I turn them on before I actually need them to see by.

It strikes me that some cycle lamps are badly designed and as a driver I prefer those with a larger lens diameter which I find easier to judge distance to than a very bright small point of illumination.

I've found as a cyclist that many don't give a large enough spread of light, illuminating only a tiny spot of road and some seem to just shine into my face!

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom