What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Sl350, after having a nail removed from the Tread and being told ALL my 4 Nankang Tyres are unsafe due to cracking inside the Tread grooves, I have been looking at replacements. Been in touch with Nankang about it, they are 4 years old but been on the car for less than 18 months and very little miles, surprise, surprise, They are not interested! Getting a set of Bridgestone Potenza at a reasonable price, just 106 miles each way to collect! Although my days of “on the limit” driving are well gone, prefer a make I have heard of. Keep Safe

I think Tyres and Brakes are two of the most important elements of a car :)

Damoe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009 E220 CDI A/Garde W211
I eventually took out the pollen filter casing (it has been broken since I got it), pulled the part number, and looked for one on eBay. Found one on e-bay but just for fun called the dealership to price it and it was a very reasonable ~£4 cheaper with the dealership. Ordered it and priced the charcoal filter for it too. I'll pick one of those up when the pollen filter casing arrives.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I wouldn't drive 10 miles for Bridgestone

Me neither :( But then I wouldn't drive ten miles for the crap I inherited on my car either. Unfortunately they still have 5-6ml left on them. On the positive side theses Nexen's are a bit quieter than the P Zero's I had on my last car :rolleyes:

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Me neither :( But then I wouldn't drive ten miles for the crap I inherited on my car either. Unfortunately they still have 5-6ml left on them. On the positive side theses Nexen's are a bit quieter than the P Zero's I had on my last car :rolleyes:
Wouldn’t knock Nexen’s, they actually out perform many of the higher brands in tests.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
3 hour round trip (took a long detour) to the Red Lion in the North York Moors for lunch. Pint, Coke, 2 lovely roast pork & stuffing rolls with chips and salads....£15-98:geek:. We'd forgotten about the deal that is on at the moment! Weather permitting we'll do a few more runs while the offer is on.

Almost forgot, the heather is not quite in bloom but looking very promising. Quadcopter will be charged up ready for the next run.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
3 hour round trip (took a long detour) to the Red Lion in the North York Moors for lunch. Pint, Coke, 2 lovely roast pork & stuffing rolls with chips and salads....£15-98:geek:. We'd forgotten about the deal that is on at the moment! Weather permitting we'll do a few more runs while the offer is on.

Almost forgot, the heather is not quite in bloom but looking very promising. Quadcopter will be charged up ready for the next run.

We love the North York Moors but of course it's a good five and a bit drive from us. We used to go up every year as a friend of ours, Ray Todd (since passed away) used to own the Sand-Beck Hotel in Whitby up by the Whale Bones. We used to go up there when he was closed for the winter and we would often find ourselves cleaning carpets and so forth for our keep :) The road in from Pickering being one of our favourite roads. :)

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
We love the North York Moors but of course it's a good five and a bit drive from us. We used to go up every year as a friend of ours, Ray Todd (since passed away) used to own the Sand-Beck Hotel in Whitby up by the Whale Bones. We used to go up there when he was closed for the winter and we would often find ourselves cleaning carpets and so forth for our keep :) The road in from Pickering being one of our favourite roads. :)
Yep it is nice up here - many lovely destinations close by.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...

Give us a wave if you happen to get as far as Rishworth / Buckstones area this week! :)

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Wouldn’t knock Nexen’s, they actually out perform many of the higher brands in tests.
I’ve got them on the CLK rear and the E class fronts and I can’t tell the difference to the Uniroyals/Goodyear’s they replaced . I will be fitting them to the other axles as they wear out as well .
Just as a couple of years ago I bourght the A rated “ wet “Uniroyal Rainsports which were a cheap tyre on a lower brand (which are now too expensive ) I can see Nexens increasing in popularity and price as well ?

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.

I have P-Zeros on my car (also had them on the SLK) and find them ok. It is interesting driving with the roof down as you can hear tyre noise from other cars - I wish I could see what tyres they have as there are some incredibly noisy tyres out there.

Last edited:

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
I have P-Zeros on my car (also had them on the SLK) and find them ok. It is interesting driving with the roof down as you can hear tyre noise from other cars - I wish I could see what tyres they have as there are some incredibly noisy tyres out there.
Odd because I find them really noisy on the shooting brake. To be fair that's the only noise I do hear when I'm cruising so that's what gets picked on!!:D

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

I had Nexen on my W203, couldn't really fault them

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
I’ve got them on the CLK rear and the E class fronts and I can’t tell the difference to the Uniroyals/Goodyear’s they replaced . I will be fitting them to the other axles as they wear out as well .
Just as a couple of years ago I bourght the A rated “ wet “Uniroyal Rainsports which were a cheap tyre on a lower brand (which are now too expensive ) I can see Nexens increasing in popularity and price as well ?
Thy have already gone up from when I started using them a few years ago, just the way of the world I guess

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Odd because I find them really noisy on the shooting brake. To be fair that's the only noise I do hear when I'm cruising so that's what gets picked on!!:D

Yep it is weird - this is my second convertible (previous also had P-zeros) and tyre noise has never been an issue for me.

I know that dB noise level is exponential but looking at the different tyres available, they are all within a few dB of each other. I think a lot of tyre noise is very subjective as to how we perceive it.

I used to be a member at a model aeroplane club which had to comply with strict noise levels to comply with MOD (we rented the ground from them) and council rules. We also had a lot of boffins in the club that worked for MOD, BAE etc at Farnborough. Every new (ic) aeroplane had to be tested with the club dB meter (a quality & accurate unit - chairman was able to check it at BAE where he worked) from front, rear, top, bottom, L & R, at 5m. After hearing the engine run, we'd all have a little round of our own (subjective) assessments of what the readings would be and there was always a wide range of numbers and no-one was able to consistently correctly guess the dB.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Just best remember to get this beast out first :eek:
Pleased you remembered that last bit... unless it's an "insurance job" you're after...:rolleyes:

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Aircon topped up today on the drive , it was about 25% down on gas over the last 4 years . Might have to test drive it later as it’s so sticky out there .
Or maybe just sit on the drive for the day and run the aircon :rolleyes:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom