Look what just came... Those of a nervous disposition please look away...

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
I think it was because they were lifting at high speeds. I must admit when they were first introduced I thought it was a lovely little car with a great build quality. Those thoughts were quickly diluted when they started to get a reputation as a Hair Dressers car :rolleyes:

yes, I think it was when they decided to add horsepower to the car they suddenly discovered they had a stability problem

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Didn't the early ones have an issue with air flow and they re-called them all and fitted a boot spoiler ?

That I couldn't tell you, what I can tell you but you mustn't tell anybody is that a lot of celebrities owned Audi's and VW's and we used to search some cars and hey presto, names and address, but wobetol any that left a camera in their car with film in it :D
Bill Podmore had an Audi and so did Frank Thornton, Tracy Ullman (a Golf), Sting (VW Camper) to name a few ;)

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008
There is a prat with an Audi TT lives across from me, his noisy exhaust is awful. Sounds like a puny 4 cylinder exhaust note, but it says TT-RS on the back so I'm guessing it's actually a fast car. Such a din every day though. Even my wife said how awful the engine sounds.

I have to say I think noisy exhaust are idiotic. I much prefer a nice engine tone, ideally a nice V8.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Ask him when he is going to get the hole in his exhaust fixed and offer sympathy that it is terrible for him having to drive a car making a sound like a wet fart. Express surprise at Audi quality as you would have expected the exhaust to have lasted longer.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Ask him when he is going to get the hole in his exhaust fixed and offer sympathy that it is terrible for him having to drive a car making a sound like a wet fart. Express surprise at Audi quality as you would have expected the exhaust to have lasted longer.

We had one just down the road with an Impreza, way beyond even jack the lad level. Luckily he wrapped it around a tree or something so that was the end of that. I don't think he lives there any more because there has been nothing to replace it. :D

Those Impreza drivers always drive with their drivers door window wound down whether it is hot or freezing cold, every last one of them, young or old. Pathetic :rolleyes:

Last edited:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
We had one just down the road with an Impreza, way beyond even jack the lad level. Luckily he wrapped it around a tree or something so that was the end of that. I don't think he lives there any more because there has been nothing to replace it. :D

Those Impreza drivers always drive with their drivers door window wound down whether it is hot or freezing cold, every last one of them, young or old. Pathetic :rolleyes:
It's because when you get up to a decent speed the window moves off the door seals and makes a real racket.
(Admittedly it needs triple figures).
Was over in Germany in a mates one and the noise at 150mph was fearsome (just from the windows pulling away from the seals).

SimonRaf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 220 Bluetec AMG Line Premium Plus - Palladium Silver
Yep, they are my choice, I like them, something different from the norm, seems quite a few folks do like them, and don't get me wrong it's nice, if the the things you do to your car are liked, but not essential, as I've said everyone has his/her own opinion. :)

Just reading through this post now!! I wouldn't do it (wouldn't have the balls to lol) but fair play. On the car with the black of the tyres they look well!! Personally I would darken the rear light cluster down a notch - but hey its not my car. Enjoy

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Eughk a 5 cylinder. It really is a lame car even on paper.

It is one hell of an engine, descendent from the UR Quattro, very distinct noise and incredibly fast with 335 BHP and Quattro drivetrain.

I remember my boss racing the management consultant we had, who turned up in a TT and was all mouth about how fast it was. This would have been around year 2000. It was a brand new TT against a 1997 Subaru Impreza turbo my boss had.

Subaru trounced the Audi. There was no contest. The management consultant's face was a picture, he was absolutely gutted.

The Scooby should have done, the MK1 TT was a Golf 4 in a pretty frock with BHP from 150 to 225 depending on engine tune and probably weight twice what the Scooby did

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Didn't the early ones have an issue with air flow and they re-called them all and fitted a boot spoiler ?

The rear end got light at speed, the boot spoiler fixed the issue

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
Shock and horror today... I discovered all that exhaust din is actually caused by two separate cars!

Pansy Audi man's wife drives an old mini, also with a loud exhaust...

I am aware I sound obnoxious and snobby, but how on earth did these two chavs afford the £400k house they live in... they only moved in this year.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Shock and horror today... I discovered all that exhaust din is actually caused by two separate cars!

I am aware I sound obnoxious and snobby, but how on earth did these two chavs afford the £400k house they live in... they only moved in this year.

My wife watches a program called 'Escape to the Country' and you would be amazed at the budgets some of the younger one have to play with. But of course they are all out of London and we all know what London houses sell for. Maybe that is where they are from :rolleyes:

OP
SmartAmg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI

If he gets a Merc, he might join up, and read this. :rolleyes::)

C16RKC

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
2003 CL500, 2007 S320CDi
Yes Audi is usually the choice of the Chav...

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
5 spoke alloys are back on.
I liked the Red alloys, just not as much as I thought I would.
I had to have them, and don't regret it, but unfortunately it didn't work out, and also they where a pain in the @rse to keep clean. I must admit I much prefer the 5 spoke wheels. And I can pretty much clean all four of these, while I'm cleaning one of the Red one's :rolleyes: .
Gave the 5 spokers a slight revamp, 2 New rear tyres, Clayed the wheels, waxed and ceramic coated, new Mercedes Benz, centre badges and dust caps. :)
Here's a few pics to compere the wheels, together.
View attachment 59023
View attachment 59026
View attachment 59027
View attachment 59028
View attachment 59029
View attachment 59030
View attachment 59032
View attachment 59034

I have been sitting on the fence as I wasn't sure of the new wheels Tony, as soon as I saw the pictures together of the red and the silver, I realised you had made the correct choice. The silver suit the car better imho.

Shame that, I was seriously considering making you an offer on the five spokes, I love those wheels. :D

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Whatever floats yr boat, far to bling for me, looks like a plod magnet to me, unless yr in Bradford.

Bay Leaf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 350 R231 2013
That's what happens when you go on ebay whilst enjoying a few tinnies. :D

BL

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom