My Lap Around the Nurburgring in a AMG GT R 'Beast of the Green Hell' + Interview With Driver

KillerHERTZ

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
W463 G55 AMG
2 Weeks ago, I drove over to Germany to the Nurburgring for the 2nd time. During the trip I had a Co-Pilot/Passenger ride in the 'Beast of the Green Hell' - The AMG GT R.

The trip was originally planned and booked for my birthday back in March (a rather significant birthday) as a present to myself, a couple of nights at Apex hotel (Followers of Misha's YT channel will know where I mean) as well as a Lap in the GT R.

Due to Covid-19, this was cancelled of course until I had a chance to go mid July, then onto Bruges afterwards.

Below is the video of my lap. It was staggering, terrifying and amazing. Im used to going fast but this was another level - as you will be able to see from my reactions etc. Heading from Flugplatz to Schwedenkreuzat 264kph then hard breaking was unforgettable.

Stay tuned until the end where I attempt my very first interview on screen. I think it went well except I forgot to switch on my external Mic. I was so 'high' on adrenaline and overwhelmed that I had no idea what was going on. 5 hour drive + 15mins to spare, straight into a 7:20 Lap and then an interview.

(Nurburgring have given me permission to use this footage on YouTube)

I hope you enjoy it, my Lap in my CLS63 AMG and a short film of the entire trip coming soon.

Thanks for watching!

i8lHJUE.jpg

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
My God that was something else , it was telling that you were unable to speak :)

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
That was absolutely amazing, I have never been a passenger in a race car (rally car yes, Navigator) and I was glued to the big screen and now I have a stiff neck :shock: Thanks for posting KillerHERTZ :cool:

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Ironically I was asking the same question about tyres half way round the lap - what time did you do and what’s the lap record of your driver?

OP
KillerHERTZ

KillerHERTZ

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
W463 G55 AMG
Ironically I was asking the same question about tyres half way round the lap - what time did you do and what’s the lap record of your driver?

Didnt ask him to be honest, but using the timestamps BTG was 7:21 (you can see it on screen I have added once we past the gantry).

He could easliy do a 7min in that without any cars or passenger.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Very impressive - traffic is the biggest problem but in all fairness the other drivers behaviour was excellent

His comment on the brakes was interesting they are obviously very robust

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Amazing......I can only imagine what it must have felt like to be in that car. :cool:
I dont often watch longer youtube videos lke this all the way through, but I did with this one. :)

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Awesome, I wish I had the time and money to do this, it was stunning to watch, must have been a wonderful life changing event.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Did that in about 1968 in a army Land Rover, didn't have to slow down at all. It cost pence in those days.

OP
KillerHERTZ

KillerHERTZ

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your Mercedes
W463 G55 AMG
Did that in about 1968 in a army Land Rover, didn't have to slow down at all. It cost pence in those days.

I have a clip on my phone from the tourist session next day of a series 3? LR going around :)

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
I was in a series 2 long wheelbase, but in those days traffic was really light.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I was taken for a couple of laps on a circuit in Australia in a race prepared C63 AMG which was very exhilarating, so I can only imagine what the trip around the green hell must have been like.

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
I went round Snetterton many years back with Tiff Needell.
I don't think we EVER went in a straight line :D
He was drifting the car all the way round. At one stage he turned to me and said " I love my job" :D

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
I was taken for a couple of laps on a circuit in Australia in a race prepared C63 AMG which was very exhilarating, so I can only imagine what the trip around the green hell must have been like.

Presumably Bathurst? An unreal circuit with big elevation changes.
Ian.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom