W202 c250 EIS

yorkshire1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
"98 S202 C250TD Manual hybrid
Hi havent been on fora while the 202s been parked up with battery off for maybe 2 years now
Battery installed fully charged both keys been tried main fob and flat key and EIS wont “clunk” to alliw key to turn
Reading up I conclude EIS is causing the fault has anyone any tips before I perform a bypass mod many thanks

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
As a last resort try leaving the key in the dock for 20-30 mins. Sometimes it takes a while for the thing to become reacquainted

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
I think I remember reading that if you give the steering wheel adjustment a thump and move in all directions it sometimes frees up,

OP
Y

yorkshire1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for your replies I left the key in overnight but unfortunately self reacquaintance wasnt on its priority list so I opened up the EIS and I dont know how because the cars been kept dry inside but the switch has had liquid in and its corroded certain parts of the board components to destruction
Ive managed to get the key to turn now by disabling a plastic lug and I get ignition lights and the glowplug cycle but no starter contact
The steering lock tongue is not retracting but Ive removed the lock does anyone know if this is whats probably causing the lack of start and if I can find the starter solenoid wire is there a good chance the car will then start and run thanks again

OP
Y

yorkshire1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just thinking shut off valve on fuel pump is part of immob system so probably going to be easier sourcing ignition and ecu set
Will ecu/ignition etc set from an auto donor work in a manual car

Top Bottom