noise confused

hopeful

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk cdi2.7 auto coupe 2005
02 220cdi daughter came home saying her exhaust is blowing , so put it on the lift and as i suspected no blow its all newish

there is a noise sound like a pinhole in the exhaust , slight tick and increases with revs ie like an exhaust blow , got under the car seemed the noise is in the exhaust under the front seat ,no by the front suspension , no maybe up by the airbox no cant find it

i hd an injector go a while ago , the noise sound like that without the chuff, fresh oil and fluids and drives well
i have no idea really where to look did think inlet mani but so lost now , it seems to be every where but does sound exhaust like , it can be heard a little as the car passes by

any thoughts please

robin.large

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS C63 AMG 2013
Use a length of hosepipe. One end in yer ear. The other end waved around at varíous places where you suspect leak.
It narrows down the area you are listening to but cuts all the background noise out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

OP
hopeful

hopeful

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
so, disconnect from the tap first

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
put your hand over the exhaust while its running up on the ramp , that should help locate if it is exhaust related

OP
hopeful

hopeful

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
put your hand over the exhaust while its running up on the ramp , that should help locate if it is exhaust related
definatley not exhaust its near new and no joint leaks just sounds ticky like pinholed exhaust could be a light diesel knock or a cam tick .its just wierd to sound like an exhaust blow

OP
hopeful

hopeful

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
cor i will need ppe and a mask next ha

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
definatley not exhaust its near new and no joint leaks just sounds ticky like pinholed exhaust could be a light diesel knock or a cam tick .its just wierd to sound like an exhaust blow
I still wouldnt rule it out but its your car pal and its free to do to

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom