Help! Mercedes technicians still not fixed car!

OP
L

Lynsey Taggart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class 2013 1.6
I think we have been very patient and relied on there professional advice - we had no reason to doubt them they were referred to us and lots of excellent reviews on website - I just think they don’t know! And we would rather they be honest with us so we can get this sorted - they have been accommodating but we feel having the same fault on three separate occasions that they may exhausted all their avenues - this is not a couple of hundred pound here And at the end of the day we have a car which is not fit for purpose

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Re the OBD port, my W210 lost communication once and it was a fuse under the bonnet that supplied a switched +ve feed to the 38 pin port. It was also for the flap motor I think so not just for the port.

As for the Ombudsman, I had an issue with the AA a few years back (they tried to get out of paying for a claim on the car). I contacted the financial Ombudsman and won my case + compensation.

There are a few things that simply do not add up. The brake pedal being one and the loss of OBD port being the second.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Agreed bob , the brake pedal losing servo assist would have been where i would have started looking in the first instance

robin.large

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS C63 AMG 2013
However the OP has only reported this once. Agreed loss of sufficient vacuum to dead pedal the brakes is an issue but how does that 'connect' to the ongoing issues? Hmmm.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
So do we get any further update.....

I didn't get the idea about prejudicing any claim. They have a duty to do what you pay them for in a sensible and timely manner.

OP
L

Lynsey Taggart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class 2013 1.6
Not yet! Still with Mercedes

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
thanks for the reply,

oh dear, lets hope they get on with it

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
This ∆∆ keep them informed.

You could, but do not need to, tell them that you are taking it to MB for a second opinion.

Robin:

Don't rely on the AA or any other third party on keeping them informed. They probably get 30 emails and letters from the AA every day and if they bother to skip-read them they probably then mark them all as read!

- You need to state your position to the selling dealer and while staying polite, leave them in no doubt whatsoever that you are far from happy and point out firmly that they are in default of their duty of care to you. For starters, quote the number of days you have not had the car you paid for in your possession in a working condition as per your bill of sale - regardless of any loan car arrangements they may have made.

It's a sad situation but as always, the one who shouts gets looked after.
- I really think it's time you shouted!
- LOUD!

robin.large

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS C63 AMG 2013
Robin:

Don't rely on the AA or any other third party on keeping them informed. They probably get 30 emails and letters from the AA every day and if they bother to skip-read them they probably then mark them all as read!

- You need to state your position to the selling dealer and while staying polite, leave them in no doubt whatsoever that you are far from happy and point out firmly that they are in default of their duty of care to you. For starters, quote the number of days you have not had the car you paid for in your possession in a working condition as per your bill of sale - regardless of any loan car arrangements they may have made.

It's a sad situation but as always, the one who shouts gets looked after.
- I really think it's time you shouted!
- LOUD!
Hi Dave, think some wires got crossed. The OP doesn't have concerns over a car bought from a dealer, it was an engine replacement from a non mercedes garage.
She has taken the car to an MB dealer for a second opinion/ fault find.
Whilst you are correct that the garage has a duty of care, the OP isn't getting very far with them, not apparently because they refuse to fix but more a case of they lack expertise to identify the problem.
It is fair and reasonable to keep them informed of any checks made by MB and to ensure no other work is done without giving them the opportunity to either do that work, or agree to pay for it.

In they end they should fix, if they can, or sort an alternative agreeable solution.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Any new Lynsey ?

OP
L

Lynsey Taggart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class 2013 1.6
Hi md said it was the wire and pins in cylinder one - this was replaced by the garage two weeks ago so it’s gone back to original garage who have kindly suggested replacing all of them - they have been very accommodating and more than helpful - so it’s back with them now

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Fingers crossed!

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
wire and pins.... is not any mechanical stuff by normal naming stds, sounds like wiring to a multiplug for something electrical

Ignition coil
Fuel injector
or such, to make cyl 1 run correctly

pgh13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320CDI 2004 - straight 6 diesel
Wire and points to no 1 ignition coil was mentioned in original post

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Any update on this thread, out of interest!

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
I have to make a comment here, if this is the same engine that is used in the Mini 1.6, then it has a device on the end of the camshaft that provides vacuum for the servo, these are known to fail and seize, and can damage the camshaft to the extent the engine will miss fire or not run at all.
I have read this thread and "hard brakes" mentioned twice which would indicate no vacuum, i think someone else mentioned about this device but it was not picked up.
I wonder if this was the cause of the engine failure, as has been known (read Mini second generation brake issues). Its a very cheap unit to replace or repair and takes about 1/2 to do.

Just throwing a spanner in the works sort of !!!!!!!!

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Never known a mini engine used in a Merc

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I believe one of the Mini One engines is a BMW engine ..... maybe a bit of confusion somewhere ??

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Nightmare ,as posted ,hard pedal =end of vac. Pipe off or sommat stopped turnin. Hope it turns out simple and we all learn something.op?

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
The 2nd generation Minis used the PSA engine, which was a Peugeot/Citroen unit.
It was mentioned that the engine in this Mercedes was a 1.6 PSA unit, hence the post.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom