Ice cars to be banned from 2030

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I don't see rights being removed? All I see is a change in motive force. I wonder if there were as many complaints when horses were removed in favour of the automobile.

Or are you talking about something entirely different and off topic?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I don't see rights being removed? All I see is a change in motive force. I wonder if there were as many complaints when horses were removed in favour of the automobile.

To be fair, it’s a very boring motive force...

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
:D

I thought it was along the lines of:

'The further you take my rights away
The faster I will run...,

Labi Siffre, something inside so strong, 1987 :D:D:D:cool:

Last edited:

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
Right, since no-one can explain (sensibly) what "ICE" stands for, I am declaring this thread closed, with immediate effect. :D

Taffy7hfa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 ML 270 CDI,2016 Hyundai1.6 CRDI i30,2014 Peugeot 308 HDI. .6 HDI.
I catch everything :D

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
As above.. I have no attraction towards EVs at the moment.

A wise once man once said that cheques will be gone, when the last person who writes cheques will die. I think something similar will be the case for ICE cars. I mean it won't take long for a huge shift in population from ICE to EV and then all that will be left will be some weekend and classic ICE cars.. to which the government (hopefully) won't bother clamping down on.... I would be confident about that here in UK... but not Ireland.

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
As above.. I have no attraction towards EVs at the moment.

A wise once man once said that cheques will be gone, when the last person who writes cheques will die. I think something similar will be the case for ICE cars. I mean it won't take long for a huge shift in population from ICE to EV and then all that will be left will be some weekend and classic ICE cars.. to which the government (hopefully) won't bother clamping down on.... I would be confident about that here in UK... but not Ireland.

Hopefully...though the move to ban older cars from cities has been an important precedent in retrospectively applying legislation to older already bought things. I'm sure there are some other examples of this for highly toxic substances but pretty much everything else from electrical regs, asbestos, airbags, emissions, etc has historically been improved by only applying regs and controls to new stuff and never retrospectively applying to stuff already built. Hence they can ban ICE from sale and in my book it's fine as long as it doesn't apply retrospectively. As I say though the bans in cities of older cars goes against this - and I'm for reducing cars in cities, just not by targetting older vehicles, I'd prefer they just add cycle lanes/pedestrianise as much of it as they can, there's no need for much car use in cities and whatever the emissions there are so many other negatives caused by traffic just being there.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom