Cleaning cream floor mats

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
OP
Conor

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
Thanks for all the replies guys.

I am between two minds about them being shot and needing replacement versus just not using them. The estate where I live at the moment has just filthy roads/paving all around. And London in general has quite filthy surfaces.

I think i'll leave the crap black ones in for winter (no driving anyway) and see what transpires next year. I'll see how these look when I put them in but I might be inclined to pick up some new ones as per @rorywquin

To be frank, it's the least of my worries now and the will hardly be driven much in the near future... because god damn it, the baffle in the fuel tank went the other day and it's super annoying. Certainly one of those "couldn't happen to me" scenarios.. but here I am.

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Viakal is great for limescale but not for mould, would agree about the other stuff, I think bleach gets mould off too? Now you need to address why you have mould in the first place as it's usually because there is too much moisture in the air or some damp you might not have noticed. You might need to make sure your bathroom is aired properly when you have a bath or shower :geek:

OP
Conor

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Viakal is great for limescale but not for mould, would agree about the other stuff, I think bleach gets mould off too? Now you need to address why you have mould in the first place as it's usually because there is too much moisture in the air or some damp you might not have noticed. You might need to make sure your bathroom is aired properly when you have a bath or shower :geek:

This is neither limescale or mould. While the water is verrrry hard here. I regularly use Viakal to clean.

The problem is this "ring" of soap scum in the bath, from using it as a stand up shower. Best shown here.

I've tried a couple of things along with a decent amount of elbow grease with each. The tub is plastic. I just saw a site recommend 50/50 Chlorine/Water and plenty of elbow grease.

Talk about going off topics :laugh

Oh, and mould isn't a problem in the bathroom as the window is open 100% of the time.

tub+cleaner+before+after.jpg

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
I don't like plastic baths as they do tend to lose that nice surface sheen and start to attract stains. As I've only ever had cast iron or stainless steel baths I'm not sure what you can use but I hope you get it sorted :geek:

OP
Conor

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Get yerself a turbo brush:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=turbo+brush&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

Rinse the area with the shower head, then apply a cream cleaner to the brush and away you go. Be careful not to use bleach products on the plastic. Then thoroughly rinse using the shower head.

Yes, I do plan on getting one of them at some point. I'd probably go for the ones that attach to drill.

I don't like plastic baths as they do tend to lose that nice surface sheen and start to attract stains. As I've only ever had cast iron or stainless steel baths I'm not sure what you can use but I hope you get it sorted
:geek:

True. And also the plastic ones shift about with weight.

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
True. And also the plastic ones shift about with weight.

My son had a new bathroom installed in his house a few years ago and the bath is acrylic, it's one of those P shaped ones and I'm not sure if they make them in stainless steel or not. However like you say they do shift with weight, his must have a gap of about 2ins around the whole of the floor where the silicone has parted company with the side of the bath. That would seriously do my head in :shock:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
My son had a new bathroom installed in his house a few years ago and the bath is acrylic, it's one of those P shaped ones and I'm not sure if they make them in stainless steel or not. However like you say they do shift with weight, his must have a gap of about 2ins around the whole of the floor where the silicone has parted company with the side of the bath. That would seriously do my head in :shock:

That is because it was not installed properly and is probably cheap therefore not well re-inforced on the bottom to prevent flex.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
I throw my matts in a bath tub filled with a couple of inches of hot water with some wash powder, leave them about half an hour then a gentle scrub, works wonders,
They are alpaca gray and light like yours, pain in the butt to keep clean esp in this wet weather.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom