Under Tray

LPGJOE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
06 320 S class CDi
Hi guys had the under tray off (Oil Change) and noticed that a lot of the fixinge are either incorrect or some missing, are these fixings available or is there somthing else i can use. ??

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Yeah an oil extractor ! :p

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
I beg to differ , if that were true both my two diesels oil would turn black quickly .

On one I'm able to suck out an extra 300ml from a vertical oil cooler below and through the oil filter housing bottom .

With oil , contaminates held in suspension by dispersants with their polar heads and hydrocarbon tails , so if there's any sludge , lower the change interval or and find a better spec oil .

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Usually the garage changing the oil has been lazy. Go to the dealers and get yourself a new set of screws, also check the plastic grommets they screw into, they might need replacing.

Look at the online parts sites to determine the part number and then put that in ebay or google

OP
LPGJOE

LPGJOE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
06 320 S class CDi
Usually the garage changing the oil has been lazy. Go to the dealers and get yourself a new set of screws, also check the plastic grommets they screw into, they might need replacing.

Look at the online parts sites to determine the part number and then put that in ebay or google

Thanks will make inquires about them, just all sorts of odd fixings including screws,

OP
LPGJOE

LPGJOE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
06 320 S class CDi
I beg to differ , if that were true both my two diesels oil would turn black quickly .

On one I'm able to suck out an extra 300ml from a vertical oil cooler below and through the oil filter housing bottom .

With oil , contaminates held in suspension by dispersants with their polar heads and hydrocarbon tails , so if there's any sludge , lower the change interval or and find a better spec oil .

Same job different methods , under tray off lets me see any other problems that may be developing, I've always done oil change by drain plug, just how I like to do it, sorry old school I know, But I am very old.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Prefer to empty the sump the old way, the oil extractor units don't remove everything

My Smart doesn't have a sump drain plug so the oil has to be drawn out through the dip stick tube. Long story very short ... I removed the sump after extraction & there was a spoonful of oil left in there.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Same job different methods , under tray off lets me see any other problems that may be developing, I've always done oil change by drain plug, just how I like to do it, sorry old school I know, But I am very old.

I forget now what car I was changing the oil on, but the undertrays had obviously been designed to be removed when the car was up in the air on a 4 post lift as the rear of the tray hit the floor way before the front of the tray would come out of its fixings. The tray then needed a little persuasion to come off ... :rolleyes:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I forget now what car I was changing the oil on, but the undertrays had obviously been designed to be removed when the car was up in the air on a 4 post lift as the rear of the tray hit the floor way before the front of the tray would come out of its fixings. The tray then needed a little persuasion to come off ... :rolleyes:
Smart is one... very challenging to remove the undertrays without it being on a lift

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Must be wonderful for tyres when they fall out on the road .

robin.large

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS C63 AMG 2013
On oil change. I'm a bit freaky on oil changes so I do an 'interim' oil change using a pump and scheduled change dropping the sump. But change filter on both. Keeps me happy.

Pump does a great job but oil needs to be up to temperature.

Undertray screws, anchor fixings etc are all available on eBay or from MB cost is only pennies. I use new ones everytime. Much cheaper than dropping a panel and they do deteriorate quite quickly.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom