Broke down

Archie2383

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 220 cdi 53 plate
My merc broke down yesterday , AA attended . Thought it was the battery/starter motor at 1st but nothing so they towed it to a garage . They had it all day and concluded it was an immobiliser issue and now its going to a main dealer tomorrow. Anyone else had this issue . Btw the car is visiting more places than I am lol .
It's a 53 plate c class 220 cdi
Thanks in advance

OP
A

Archie2383

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 220 cdi 53 plate
Are you going to chuck lots of cash at the car ?? MB main dealer will pull your pants down
Hi
I've got breakdown repair with the AA , so at the most it will cost me £35

OP
A

Archie2383

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 220 cdi 53 plate
Oh boy - I really hope your faith is not unfounded. MB Dealers have a way of getting cash out of a dry well.
Hi thanks
The AA know how much these things cost and they are guided by there strict guidelines otherwise they wont play the claim

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
In other words the AA and Mercedes dealer are trying to screw each other:D Good outcome LOL

OP
A

Archie2383

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 220 cdi 53 plate
In other words the AA and Mercedes dealer are trying to screw each other:D Good outcome LOL
I've had this cover for years and if a garage try it on the AA wont authorize. They will only pay for what is relevant thanks anyway but these replies aren't helping guys , I need something more constructive

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry Archie but I suppose the AA are now doing the constructive bit. someone will comment if its a common issue. i did see a post the other week on here that somebody had to replace the ignition and two other bits linked over a similar non starting issue

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I've had this cover for years and if a garage try it on the AA wont authorize. They will only pay for what is relevant thanks anyway but these replies aren't helping guys , I need something more constructive

IMHO the replies above are just to check you know who is or not paying for stuff and to not get your collar felt ... MB seem to be very good at charging for stuff especially when they're looking for intermittent/unknown faults

OP
A

Archie2383

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 220 cdi 53 plate
Sorry Archie but I suppose the AA are now doing the constructive bit. someone will comment if its a common issue. i did see a post the other week on here that somebody had to replace the ignition and two other bits linked over a similar non starting issue

I was hoping someone had a similar issue and what the outcome was

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Wont know exactly what it is until it gets at least a proper diagnostic session and sometimes that might not shed any light on the situation but will point to obvious things. I'm afraid its out of your control and ours until more info is gained and posted or Mercedes find the fault.

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Does the engine turn over?

OP
A

Archie2383

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C 220 cdi 53 plate
Have you checked the starter motor fuse?
Not sure what the garage have checked but they had an electrician on it all afternoon yesterday. It's not going to MB now until I have more info thanks

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Pure guess work without more info pal , we are a very helpful bunch here and there isnt much we haven't seen over the years but 'an electrician ' doesnt fill me with hope , it needs to be on star so you can see whats not getting power ?? It could be a number of things , looking forward to any updates

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom