Navigation system Thinks its in Germany while Parked in Kent

Mick1966

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class 220D SE 2017
Hi just bought a 2017 E class 220 D SE and the sat nav map displays the car as being in Germany, i have tried all the strings i can find on the onboard computer and sent the cars location via mercedes me to the car via iPhone and still shows on th map as being in Germany.
the car is was 3 years old in September and on the mercedes me portal shows the subscription as expired, would this be the problem or should it still work on the previous update that was a few months before the 3 year update subscription expired.

Thanks in advance

Mick (Newbie)

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
Subscription shouldn't make any difference to satnav operation, you just don't get free updates. Have you tried driving around for a bit? Does the location change on the map, even though it's the wrong location? If it doesn't correct itself driving around, the most likely candidate is the antenna, either faulty or disconnected. You should be able to see on one of the screens how many satellites it can "see" which is a good indicator.

OP
M

Mick1966

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class 220D SE 2017
Subscription shouldn't make any difference to satnav operation, you just don't get free updates. Have you tried driving around for a bit? Does the location change on the map, even though it's the wrong location? If it doesn't correct itself driving around, the most likely candidate is the antenna, either faulty or disconnected. You should be able to see on one of the screens how many satellites it can "see" which is a good indicator.

OP
M

Mick1966

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class 220D SE 2017

can't see any satellites anywhere so must be something to do with the antenna then i guess, on further research it seems this is a fairly common problem, thanks Billyboy

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
If you can find the sat nav antenna input buy a cheap GPS antenna on ebay only a coupe of ££. Plug it in outside & it will tell you if its the antenna.
Speak nicely to MB they might do it as a free one.

OP
M

Mick1966

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class 220D SE 2017
If you can find the sat nav antenna input buy a cheap GPS antenna on ebay only a coupe of ££. Plug it in outside & it will tell you if its the antenna.
Speak nicely to MB they might do it as a free one.
i recently bought the car from an independent mercedes and bmw dealer so hoping they will sort it under the 3 month warranty, i put it on here in case i was being thick and it was just a setting or configuration lol

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Tbh if its not upto date its pretty much useless anyways, use a mobile and Google maps.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom