E53 vs c43 (e53 sports exhaust)

Gary Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Previous owner c43 facelift
Hello .

New to the forum .

Previously owned a c43 facelift and I loved it but mrs didn’t after owning a c300 apparently the noise and speed wasn’t worth the price and it being uncomfortable which is a fair point I suppose .

In the market for another one or an e53 . Would love someone’s opinion who has owned both or driven both a few times.

The only other thing affecting my choice between the two is that the e53 doesn’t come with a sports exhaust which is a big minus for me as I loved the sound of the c43.

Second question : has anyone had an aftermarket exhaust fitted or some adaptation to the e53 exhaust to make it nice in all settings not just sport .

Cheers in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Do any of the UK spec cars come with sports exhausts now that GPFs (Gasoline Particulate Filters) are fitted into the systems? Mine has the normal exhaust and I like the way that sounds.

OP
G

Gary Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Do any of the UK spec cars come with sports exhausts now that GPFs (Gasoline Particulate Filters) are fitted into the systems? Mine has the normal exhaust and I like the way that sounds.

Yes mate my 2019 facelift c43 had a factory fitted sports exhaust mate . The standard one on the c43 isn’t at throaty .

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I would think torqueflow will be able to do something.

What about Akrapovic from @GAD Tuning LTD

OP
G

Gary Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You’ve chosen a video that’s not the uk mate you can have the sports exhaust just not in the uk.

Standard version only sounds decent high revs in sports plus pal .

I want something that grunts low revs too

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
You’ve chosen a video that’s not the uk mate you can have the sports exhaust just not in the uk.

Speak to Imran at Torqueflow in MSL

SquabzZz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 W205

My C63 (W205) doesn’t have the sports exhaust but I fitted a exhaust valve simulator (keeps the valves open all the time and since I don’t have a exhaust button that’s fine) and that transformed the car I don’t need to be in Sport+ to have that low speed grunt! Best £20 I have ever spent

E53 is a nice place to be sat in

OP
G

Gary Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My C63 (W205) doesn’t have the sports exhaust but I fitted a exhaust valve simulator (keeps the valves open all the time and since I don’t have a exhaust button that’s fine) and that transformed the car I don’t need to be in Sport+ to have that low speed grunt! Best £20 I have ever spent

E53 is a nice place to be sat in
Hi mate . Where did you get it from and was it hard to fit or did it effect anything with the car ?

didn’t even see this apologies for late reply

SquabzZz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 W205
Hi mate . Where did you get it from and was it hard to fit or did it effect anything with the car ?

didn’t even see this apologies for late reply
I got mine from eBay and I got the A45 AMG one as it’s the same as the C63 but cheaper I even helped another member here install it.

not hard to fit if you can get hold of a ramp or put the car on axel stands and slide under. You literally disconnect the valve and plug the simulator in

Last edited:
OP
G

Gary Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ah right I didn’t know that was a thing . I knew you could get a device to keep it open when you have a sports exhaust but didn’t know a standard exhaust had flaps like that.
Take it it doesn’t effect the car in any negative way ?
What was it called on eBay ?

SquabzZz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 W205
Ah right I didn’t know that was a thing . I knew you could get a device to keep it open when you have a sports exhaust but didn’t know a standard exhaust had flaps like that.
Take it it doesn’t effect the car in any negative way ?
What was it called on eBay ?
No effect at all.

the standard exhaust does have flaps (less than the sports exhausts) but still does

I typed A45 exhaust valve simulator.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom