Magic Vision Control

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 (W222) 2014. Turbo 4.7 V8 with loads of toys. Superfast luxury.
Just to be clear, if I buy that feature, hot young things will write their numbers on my windscreen??
As long as Mercedes specify the quality and quantity of attractive young ladies who are guaranteed to show an interest in me, I should think £627 is a bargain Malc!

Just seen this rather old thread. I have magic vision on my new S Class and although they wipers are OK at the moment I am now dreading it when they do go wrong. Do you change the whole blade or can you just replace the actual wiper rubber.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Just seen this rather old thread. I have magic vision on my new S Class and although they wipers are OK at the moment I am now dreading it when they do go wrong. Do you change the whole blade or can you just replace the actual wiper rubber.

Looking at mine it is the rubber. However - will not be cheap!

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
My 1990 Citroen BX had windscreen washers in the blade. Right royal PITA when temperatures dropped below zero as the wind chill just froze it solid.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
My 1990 Citroen BX had windscreen washers in the blade. Right royal PITA when temperatures dropped below zero as the wind chill just froze it solid.

Hopefully MB have done their homework on their flagship models.

The current screen washers have heated water. The rubber is actually perforated along its length and I believe the washer fluid is supposed to be anti-freeze.

IIRC the older versions (referred to in these really old posts) had a couple of jets on the metal part of the wipers separate to the rubber blade.

I do like the fact that I do not get a shower from my washers with the roof open.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom