RH headrest button knob

BA707

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 2013 E200
Hi all,

First time poster here as I've recently acquired a 2013 (Pre-facelift) W212. The knob to adjust the driver's headrest is missing and I've been trying to source a replacement but not had much luck. The button still works, it's just the knob that's missing.

The dealer has advised it'll have to be the whole kit so am seeing if there's another option as the button still works, it's just the knob that's missing.

Have tried eBay but there's only chrome ones that stick over the original knob.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Knob Missing.PNG
    Knob Missing.PNG
    64.6 KB · Views: 9

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
He’s right, whole window/ seat switch pack needed.

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time poster here as I've recently acquired a 2013 (Pre-facelift) W212. The knob to adjust the driver's headrest is missing and I've been trying to source a replacement but not had much luck. The button still works, it's just the knob that's missing.

The dealer has advised it'll have to be the whole kit so am seeing if there's another option as the button still works, it's just the knob that's missing.

Have tried eBay but there's only chrome ones that stick over the original knob.

Any assistance would be appreciated!
Im sure there must be a Merc breakers site that you could source one from? If so it'l be cheaper fix ?

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Great idea....who has one?
Hundreds of people. I have one, they can be had for ~£200 these days and produce surprisingly good results.

Alternatively get a friend to draw it up on CAD and you can sent the file to a company that does 3D printing.

I’ve just ordered a special filament (plastic) so that I can print a RC aeroplane.

OP
B

BA707

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 2013 E200
Thanks for the replies.
The 3D printing suggestion is a surprisingly clever one but probably not a route I'll go down - wouldn't even know where to start to spec of the button.
Will try a breaker to get the unit

BillM123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class/2014/e220
My son (he is autistic and loves messing with switches and buttons etc) broke the headrest button on the drivers side door. (I have a 2014 s212)

Did you manage to get your button and did you fit it?

OP
B

BA707

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 2013 E200
My son (he is autistic and loves messing with switches and buttons etc) broke the headrest button on the drivers side door. (I have a 2014 s212)

Did you manage to get your button and did you fit it?
No luck on the button but did sort the issue by replacing the whole switch.
I have a 2013 Pre-facelift W212, sourced part A2129059700 from Prestige for £57 including vat and postage.
Local Merc indy fitted it for 1 hour labour at £60

BillM123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class/2014/e220
No luck on the button but did sort the issue by replacing the whole switch.
I have a 2013 Pre-facelift W212, sourced part A2129059700 from Prestige for £57 including vat and postage.
Local Merc indy fitted it for 1 hour labour at £60
Thanks. My local dealer said the button had broken off and they would need to remove the door panel.

I really don’t trust them, they recently tried to charge me for a repair that had gone wrong within 12 months and therefore should have been covered by warranty (I told them twice I had paid for a repair previously but they were insisting it was a diff part), this is one of many issues so not sure how much I can really trust them.

OP
B

BA707

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 2013 E200
Thanks. My local dealer said the button had broken off and they would need to remove the door panel.

I really don’t trust them, they recently tried to charge me for a repair that had gone wrong within 12 months and therefore should have been covered by warranty (I told them twice I had paid for a repair previously but they were insisting it was a diff part), this is one of many issues so not sure how much I can really trust them.

Yes the whole panel needs to come off to replace the control switch from behind. This guy shows how it's done if you're inclined.

I figured it wasn't risking it for 1 hour labour my local Merc indy quoted. If you're near SE London I can recommend them.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Replacing the switch is not hard if you have the right tools, if you cant do it go to a merc indy.
You will need the entire switch, try prestige or dronsfields but also ask a dealer for the cost - some breakers charge silly money.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom