Search results

1. R

Tyre Pressure Gauge

Hello everybody! Tyre pressure is a sensitive issue and most of the ordinary tyre shops have gauges with errors. Which one is the best for non-professional use? How to be sure if a tyre pressure gauge is truly calibrated or not? How to calibrate your own it or check calibration to...
  2. R

New Shocks, Alignment issue

Hello All! Three out of four shocks were leaking and I replaced all four with Belstien OEM on my non ADS W140, S500, 1996 with new 235/60 R16 Bridgestone Turanzas. But honestly speaking I felt no difference in the ride. Still doesn't float, is very stiff, rocks on every minor bump and the...
  3. R

Wheel Alignment

Hello All! S500, 1996: What should be the alignment settings for an ordinary driver with somewhat hard cornering requirements. Has original MB wheels with all four new 235/60 16 rubbers. My first MB, and I feel as if rear wheels have a slight negative camber. Indy says this is how MBs...
  4. R

Rim Metal - some basic info needed!

Hello All! I have two sets for my W140 S500 1996 - one original MB 16" and the other 18". Just don't know which metal and quoting and finish etc etc these have. The wheel cleaning/polishing products and literature keep mentioning descriptions like Mag, Aluminum, anodized, clear quoted...
  5. R

Driving in 'W' Mode

Hello all! W140, S500, 1996 (five speed): Driving in 'W' mode feels smoother and lighter than the 'S' mode for a reserved driver like me. The vehicle starts out in 2nd gear and shifts up earlier too. Could it harm the gear or the engine in any way if always driven in W mode. Regards
  6. R

Throttle Problem W140 S500

W140, S500, 1996 While stopping at long red signals or otherwise, I usually shift the selector from 'D' to 'N'. It happened twice that when I shifted it back to D, the RPM hardly went beyond 1500 and car took acceleration extremely slowly even when I floored it. And neither did it shift up...
  7. R

W140 1996 'How to' videos/Manuals

Hello! W140, S500, 1996. The interior rattles. Don't want to hand it over to the cruel hands of body shop guys as I can't stand broken holding clips, missing screws and a crisscross of scratches. Can any one kindly guide me where to find (free) DIY manuals/videos for the dash, center...
  8. R

W140 S500 Octane Grade

Hello! Recently purchased a W140, S500, 1996. The previous owner strictly advised me to stick to 95 rather than 91 octane grade fuel whereas the operator's manual recommends Premium Unleaded Gasoline: Posted Octane 91. Could shifting to 91 make any difference on performance, engine or the...
  9. R

Shocks Replacement Advice Needed

Hello everybody! Need advice for replacing front shocks on my non-ADS, W140, S500, 1996. MB service center is selling Belstien ($72 each). Other choices are Sachs ($80 each) and Schnieder (40$ each). All German brands and as per the OE specs. Not satisfied with the rear shocks performance...
  10. R

Suspended with Suspension!

Hello forum! My warm wishes to every forum member. I don’t own an MB yet. Need help from the learned members in buying one. My prospective purchase is a mint condition W140, S500, 1996, dark blue, 138,000 KM, engine, transmission and braking system in full form, all options, gadgets and...

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom