Search results

1. mickfit6

Help...Rough idle W204

Hi guys I have the dreaded rough idle issue or so I think.....!!!! C200 CDI, when started from cold it starts on the button no problems...then bout 10 seconds in it develops what I can only describe as a miss.....its intermittent and not consistent ???? So maybe not really a rough...
  2. mickfit6

Audio upgrade

Maybe not an old merc headunit but with so much available now online, there's loads to choose from.....just take ur time looking !!!! Most headunits are now plug and play, no hard wiring involved.....
  3. mickfit6

Any Advice : Transmission Service 2012 W204

Thx mate and welcome to the site.....any help or info you need regarding your W211.....you'll definitely get it on here....im a newbie myself , but these guys are brilliant !!! Someone will be along shortly and give u the help you need.....
  4. mickfit6

Thx Dave...appreciate it !!!
  5. mickfit6

jez, didn't think anyone could see me.......lol
  6. mickfit6

Just to add guys.... I'd now have around 150miles done now and as expected or hoped for, gear changes are noticeably smoother...practicality effortlessly !!!! As with most all auto transmissions, on a slight hill we get the dreaded thump coming from Park to Drive/Reverse....but again this...
  7. mickfit6

Hi Guys Just got the confirmation from Mercedes.....these are indeed sold separately @ £33 each. Don't know how that sort of price can be justify for something so small ??? Certainly for both maybe ??? Well rant over now !!!! Hopefully hassle free for a while !!! Thx again guys !!!
  8. mickfit6

Jez, I'm glad I'm not on my own with this one.... As you guys know.....most things you would have a rough idea on cost, but these seals really took me by surprise... I contacted Mercedes with the part no. shown and the guy priced me £33 each inc vat and I then asked him if they came in pairs...
  9. mickfit6

Wighty, they do mate..... Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I got them and fitted them as recommended by the guys on here, but was shocked by the price considering how feckn small they are ??? £66 inc vat for the pair.... I was told they were £35 each including vat..... However the package shows...
  10. mickfit6

Quick update !!!! Got the new seals (feck, they're expensive) and 2ltrs of tranny oil, just incase !!! Removed the pump and as Alex suggested I lost very little oil bout 1/2 ltr maybe less...I also had a couple of little caps lying about with fitted info the housing perfectly (pure luck !!)...
  11. mickfit6

Ironically, anything I've learned...I've learned like yourself...hands on approach... I have made quite a few mistakes in my time...but I think that's how we learn.....these days with diagnostics, you'd need a feckn degree to look at a car but personally I think there's no price on...
  12. mickfit6

Quietly confident i would have said, but considering I'm now waiting on new seals for the pump....im wondering now !!! I originally did the tranny on my old Vaux Omega as a tester for me and it went OK....YouTube is great for info and videos on this type of stuff. Then I did my old X5 and...
  13. mickfit6

Jez Steve, that's helped alot mate. The pic is great.....as you know its not rocket science to remove and refit, actually thought i was very careful too (smart arse, that'll feckn teach me) but as you say, they're so easy to miss.....To see that small weep while the engine was running, was feckn...
  14. mickfit6

I'll have to wait on the o rings anyway...so I'll probably order another ltr, just incase...id rather be looking at it than looking for it... but appreciate the reply !!! Was looking forward to taking it a good run too, see if there is any noticeable difference ????
  15. mickfit6

Thought I may lose something....was really looking a second opinion .....actually hoping that once the oil cooled down, I'd have a fighting chance of getting away with it.....Yeah, ill have to order more oil now then ??? Only hay bout a ltr or so left.... Thx mate for the advice !!!
  16. mickfit6

Hi Guys Just a quick update...... Got the service kit today and needless to say got stuck in...lol The journey to collect the kit and back was able to get tyranny to operating temp, as suggested by V6Matty. To be honest I throughly enjoyed it......was annoyed bout an hour ago that I...
  17. mickfit6

Appreciate taking the time to look it up.....??? Thx mate
  18. mickfit6

How can I access that mate ??
  19. mickfit6

Thank you guys !!!! Gazwould.....the guys suppling the service kit did mention exactly what you have just said...but I wasn't sure.....its very comforting to know they seem to be right !!!! The again mate
  20. mickfit6

Hi Guys As some of you know, I've recently purchased my first Mercedes a few months back and so far I love the ****** thing......I must stress that I'm not a mechanic by no stretch of the imagination, but in some cases i would have a general idea(hope that makes sense). I believe...
Top Bottom