Search results

1. MJJ

E Class 211 Facelift Xenon Beam Pattern?

Sorry for the delayed reply, I only get chance to read the forum at the weekend. Attached picture shows (not very well, admittedly) where the levers are from Mercedes' service documentation. In practice, I found it easy to find the levers by feel once the bulb covers are removed. The levers...
  2. MJJ

I did not notice much difference to be honest, no. However, most of the night time driving I did tended to be on street lit roads. Nobody flashed us, which I see as a good sign the beam adjustment worked. Martin. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. MJJ

I also have a 2009 facelift estate with xenons. Mine definitely has the manual levers to switch between UK and continental - I have done this recently when I drove down to Portugal. I would be checking the RH lamp specifically based on what you are experiencing - is the bulb seated correctly in...
  4. MJJ

W211 Xenon beam very low - axle height sensors working. Any ideas?

Thanks all. I think I may have to do as @AMGeed says and get it reset on Star. Very puzzled as to why it suddenly decides to do this, particularly after 211,000 miles! I did manually select the continent driving levers a few weeks back as I drove down to Portugal, but the lights were fine...
  5. MJJ

W211 Xenon beam very low - axle height sensors working. Any ideas?

Afternoon all, Sometime in the last couple of weeks, the headlamp aim on my 2009 E220 estate (with Xenons) has started pointing very low. The lights do their normal up/down travel validation routine on start-up, then set themselves to a very low aim - meaning only 3-4 metres in front on the car...
  6. MJJ

E220 CDI S211 Rear Suspension issue

I used Bilstein airbags, from a company called PFS Parts. They were £468 for the pair back in Feb 2021 when I purchased them. Very pleased with them. Martin.
  7. MJJ

E220 CDI S211 Rear Suspension issue

I did a lot of diagnosis and reading when my 2008 S211 was doing similar. Despite having all of the Mercedes workshop manuals and parts fiches, I was never able to conclusively find out how the system is supposed to work. I am no expert, but this is the way I think the system works and perhaps...
  8. MJJ

Air compressor piston design, S212

I have no S212 experience, but I replaced the compressor piston ring on my S211 about 6 months ago courtesy of the excellent kit and instructions that Bagpiping Andy does. As long as the work is done without introducing dirt into the piston bore, there is no reason why it won't last many more...
  9. MJJ

To buy, or not to buy? 2014 Mercedes E300 hybrid estate

It is worth thinking about the physics of propelling a car to see if hybrid is going to be beneficial to you. A significant amount of the fuel you use is consumed when accelerating the car from a lower speed, to a higher speed. Maintaining a constant speed on a flat road requires very little...
  10. MJJ

Xenon Bulbs - Advice Needed

I replaced my bi-xenon bulbs a couple of weeks ago, on my 2009 S211 E220. They were D1S, and they were 5 minutes per side to change - pulling one out to check would be no hassle. My belief is that the bulbs went from D2S to D1S at the facelift. The V6 engined versions may be harder to access...
  11. MJJ

Hybrid not working after collision

I would expect there to be a pyrotechnic fuse fitted to the car that isolates the high voltage battery after sensing a significant collision. I would also expect that fuse to need replacing, rather than resetting. I am no expert on hybrid mercedes, but that is how I have seen it designed on...
  12. MJJ

ML 270 cdi. non start

Have you been seeing the glowplug warning light remain illuminated for some time post start recently - indicating the glowplug cold start system is not operating properly? If so, try cycling the ignition off and letting the glowplug cycle complete 2 or 3 times before trying to start the car...
  13. MJJ

Electrical issues spreading like a cancer, help please?

This does not sound correct to me, I would expect to see 14.2v - 14.4v at both batteries within a couple of seconds of starting the engine. Even if one of the batteries has discharged significantly, you should still see the alternator pushing the full 14.x to the battery instantly after...
  14. MJJ

Any motorcyclists on here as well?

Not meaning to question the issues you are obviously experiencing, and I am not going to even remotely pretend I am an expert, but judging by the fuel trim numbers (bottom 4 rows in each of your tables), that looks very much like the engine ECU is managing the fuelling very nicely. Trim addition...
  15. MJJ

Wow, I don't think 'mod' quite covers that :oops:. That is not the K1600 frame, so I can only assume they have fitted the engine into a GS - that is some level of dedication to getting your own perfect bike. Martin.
  16. MJJ

Indeed, the Bluetooth was deleted some time in 2019 I think. I imagine the cost for Alpine (supplier of the Audio amp) to upgrade the system to the more modern BT standards was simply not worth it for the small number of K1600s BMW sell. BMW are on a hiding to nothing though - very few owners...
  17. MJJ

I have had it for two weeks now, and have done 800 miles. I am very pleased with it. It is a comfortable, stable, capacious and well engineered tourer - best to think of it more like a GT car that can filter, as opposed to a bike. Personally, I think the straight 6 engine is a masterpiece. The...
  18. MJJ

He looks so happy to be on the bike, excellent work. I have managed to share my addiction with both kids too, eldest now passed his A2 test and on an SV650, and my youngest getting herself to sixth form on a Piaggio 50. I treated myself to a new bike on Friday. A bit of a last gasp desire to...
  19. MJJ

Merc Kompressor 180 C CLASS -2008 Subframe problems

Mel, I understand the frustration and disappointment, but I think this needs to be simply accepted and move on. The subframe has lasted 13 years in a hostile environment, battered by water, salt and extreme temperatures from the exhaust. The new one will do the same, possibly better as Mercedes...
  20. MJJ

Towing with a 2020 316 Sprinter 4x4

I had a similar problem on my S211, though in my case the car was lower than the trailer. I contacted Ifor Williams (trailer manufacturer) and they explained that the regulation for towbar heights (EEC9420) has a variance of 70mm, the height regulation being 430mm +/- 35mm. So, in my case, the...

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom