Search results

1. C

R129 door locking vacuum pump

Brilliant.. I knew the hours I’ve spent in the boot testing would be of use at some point
  2. C

What you may be able to do is remove the pipes from the pump. Depending what your pump looks like you should to be able to attach a hand pump to the relevant line and either create a vacuum or positive pressure to open the locks. I’m assuming that there isn’t going to be a deadlock to mess...
  3. C

Somewhere on this forum there was a thread but it may have been for a different model perhaps a saloon. I would suggest you take off the outer cover of the pump, then plug all the pipes and cables back in with the pump sitting on the boot floor. I removed the rubber pipe from the fuel flap...
  4. C

I’ve a feeling you may find that it’s the pump not going into reverse because of the actuator cogs. If the pump can’t reverse it will only direct the air one way to the system. Does your pump run, click or make any other noises. Does the pump run for more than three seconds? From memory when...
  5. C

I’ve a similar one. Mine is a 1998 silver 280 with the straight six and black interior. I had a crack in the manifold next to the ball bearing but it wasn’t the culprit. It was the pump in the boot with mine. It would take 20 seconds before the boot lock unlocked. Everyone assumes it’s down to...
  6. C

Hi hop3 I’m afraid I’ve never had issues with the hoses so have not had to re attach hoses to nipples. It sounds like you’re already doing what I would do. Is the crack in the manifold of the pump? If so I think they can sometimes be repaired. There are videos on YouTube from what I remember.
  7. C

Hi hop 3. The vacuum tester was worth buying as it confirmed that all of my actuators and pipes were working fine. Buying replacement pumps is a pretty expensive business and in my opinion risky. It could be that you have the same issue that I had. It turned out that my pump needed the two...
  8. C

At least I now have a spare pump even if I did have to pay over £120 for VAT and postage
  9. C

Hi. Yes I do have the extra button and pressing for boot only takes about 20 seconds.. I’ve usually given up by the time it opens. The thing is that both the boot lock and the popper circuits hold air as they should and the boot popper only receives a short burst about 5 seconds after the boot...
  10. C

Latest update. I received a replacement pump from the US yesterday. Unfortunately it behaves exactly the same as the old one over running and super slow unlocking the boot lock. Does anyone know how the pumps receive the signal to unlock, could there be a control box causing the issue..? Would...
  11. C

R129 late model PSE pump

Thanks Guys. I’ve a feeling s5tuart’s probably right worse luck.. I guess if the pump is struggling that could account for the delay and why the pump runs so long. The pressure tester tells me the pipes and actuators are good. I think I’d better start looking for a replacement.
  12. C

R129 late model PSE pump

Hi s5tuart Did you manage to get to the bottom of your pump problem as it seems similar to mine.. I’ve pressure tested all the lines with vacuum and positive pressure to half s bar and they are fine and hold with the needle not moving on the gauge. My pump over runs when unlocking the doors...
  13. C

That’s taking social distancing pretty seriously..
  14. C

The pressure tester arrived today so I put it to good use. All the pipes from the pump held solid and all the actuators worked. The only leak was the boot popper, but as the boot was open it wasn’t seated down. As soon as I pushed it down it held firm. The pump doesn’t try to open all the...
  15. C

I just smeared a bit over the crack and over the ball bearing. Alas I still get the pump overrunning so I will have to see if I can check the pressure from the pump when locking to see what pressure it’s putting out. If that’s strong enough next step will be try to test pipes are all holding...
  16. C

Excellent. Mine has the start of a crack just there so I’ll Araldite it as you suggest. It looked like a moulding mark but it’s exactly where yours has split.
  17. C

I guess it will be the white one at the bottom, There is also a purple one at the bottom that you can’t see in the photo
  18. C

Yep I had a look earlier. Mine is held down by 5 Allen bolts. One is stuck at the back beneath the grill at the bottom of the screen so to get into the box there will be a lot of stripping. I did find the manifold you mentioned outside the box arc per photo so I need to work out which is the...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom