Search results

1. G

GLC boot forced and auto close issue

OK, all fixed. Super quick turnaround with my local garage. Basically the issue is with the pistons that support the boot lid. They were worn which meant they couldn't support the boot lid and it closed automatically. They suspect it's due to the click and collect team loading groceries and...
  2. G

It's now booked in to a good garage for next week. We should know the root issue next week.
  3. G

Thanks. Fingers crossed the dealer can help. It doesn't sound like it's a mechanical issue, more like a stuck switch / electrical fault.
  4. G

Thanks. Good idea. I've just lubricated the joints with WD40 White lithium grease. It's smoother but I think the issue still exists where the boot tries to close as soon as it's open. Here's an update video following the grease. (Sounds smoother too). Note, the only interaction I had with...
  5. G

Hi Just did a few more tests: If I press the close button inside the lid when it's opening, it starts to close immediately. Holding the close button inside the lid doesn't do anything. The handle on the lid (above the number plate) does 'click' when I pull it to activate the opening and when...
  6. G

I've tried it, but it's not having any effect. It's basically either in the process of opening or closing. There isn't a pause at the top when it's fully open. When I force it open at the top to hold the close button, there's no effect. Thanks,
  7. G

Yes, feels like that. Except it's not preventing close, it's preventing open. Basically it's like it's trapped in "trying to close mode" as if something is closing it. Any advice on if it's possible to deactivate/ reset / override that feature?
  8. G

Hi, yes, I have tried resetting the tailgate angle. I held the lid open at the top and tired holding down the closing button but no beeps. Once I release the lid, it will close automatically right away. Pressing the stop button in the boot lid also doesn't stop the closing. It's very much...
  9. G

Hi to all the technical wizards out there. I've just encountered a strange issue with my GLC's boot opening and closing. The boot will open and then immediately close. I've tried opening it via the door, boot lid and key and in all instances, the boot will immediately close after two beeps...

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom