Search results

1. K

W220 wont go into first gear on its own

Hello everyone, Just wanted to post the solution. The problem was a mass air flow sensor that was messing up. Fortunaly my mechanic found the problem quickly and didn't tear my gearbox apart.
  2. K

Will definitely be watching the entirety of that video later! I just have a 99 s320, it does however have most of the options :)
  3. K

Thanks for the tip, that's one of the things I have been doing, it also works if I manually shift to first before it dies or slow down smoothly enough for it to keep it alive in second gear. I can se in your footer you have owned a w220, just to clarify the w220 doesn't have a "C" mode but has...
  4. K

After looking at the mentioned post, whilst our issues may be simmilar I don't think they are the same, I dont have trouble starting my car in cold or warm climates, and my car stalls when stopping suddenly/normal (not when stopping super slow). The other post apparently has no isssues after...
  5. K

OK, was hoping for a simple fix but I gues it is what it is, Thanks for contributing, will definetly get back with more info in this thread if my mechanic finds something diffrent, could i by any chance get a link to the post?
  6. K

Hi, I don't think the w220 has a "C" mode but instead "S" and "W" modes, and as far as I have understood they stand for Summer and Winter mode with Winter mode being the one that starts in second gear, I have had both selected and had the issue, but I do primarily use the "S" mode. I have also...
  7. K

ok, seems reasonable, thank you for answering and will defenately be checking those things at the mechanics if he dosen't suggest anything else
  8. K

24 0000 km, about 150 000 miles, but the transmission feels fine in all other gears and shift well, maybe a bit harsh but yes that would probably be the first things to check but I would assume it would have trouble shifting to first gear even when doing it manually with the shifter if the...
  9. K

Hello, new around here so not quite sure if this is the right spot, but am grateful for any help. So I bought a mercedes w220 some time ago and ever since the car has been dying at stops, not allways but sometimes, I think I have narrowed it down to it not going into first gear on its own, I...

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom