Search results

1. M

R129 Wiper issues

Dear all I wonder if someone can help I have just bought a R129 280 1994 and I am having issues with the wipers - works on high speed, nothing on low speed or intermittent most of the time but occasionally will work - also wipers don't park correctly - I have read a number of threads around N10...
  2. M

And so it begins.. tackling r230 wheel arch rust.

Really enjoying this thread as it's something I need to do on my wife's SL. Really interested if you have any further details on getting that bumper removed. I have seen the video online with the opening of roof and hood and not keen as I too see to have problems with the emergency key. Also...
  3. M

Mercedes SL R230 boot corrosion

Hi Messing with our newly acquired SL at the weekend and noticed a couple of further issues 1. The number plate lights are cracked - minor issue but would be nice to change if they are not too expensive! 2. A much bigger concern is some corrosion along the boot edge above the number plate...
  4. M

Info on interior trim SL R230

Sorry I didn't remove the door cards, but it is something I will need to do
  5. M

R230 Dual Battery On-board Electrical System

Great thanks all some very helpful suggestions
  6. M

R230 Dual Battery On-board Electrical System

Hi a really interesting and useful post I have just bought a SL R230 350 2003 and although from the receipts it has had a new consumer rear battery, in a mourning it comes up with a low battery warning with functions not available - this soon corrects after a mile or so - any suggestions as to...
  7. M

Advice on diagnostic equipment

Autel AP200 looks interesting and good value - looks like you get info on your first car for free then additional cars are around 21USD per year - be good to get some idea of how good this is regards Mike
  8. M

Great thanks I'll have a look
  9. M

Hi I wonder if anyone could recommend a well priced scanner for my Merc SL R230 - want to read and reset but don't want to spend a fortune any help appreciated All the best Mike
  10. M

Parktronic 2003 SL

Many thanks Yes I thought that might be the case All the best Mike
  11. M

Mercedes SL 2003 New Key

Hi Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced second key for my 2003 SL? Based in Brum many thanks Mike
  12. M

Parktronic 2003 SL

Just bought an SL and finding out loads from this helpful forum The car I bought has a rather cheap parking sensor setup and would love to go for an original Merc setup has anyone ever done this? I can get the bumpers but I guess that is a small part of what is needed any help appreciated...
  13. M

Mercedes SL R230 C Pillar roof trim

Thanks everyone really appreciated All the best Mike
  14. M

Mercedes SL R230 C Pillar roof trim

Hi I wonder if anyone can help, the black plastic trim panels either side of the rear window are flaking on my SL see attached image. I have tried wrapping them in place but wasn't pleased with the result. Can anyone suggest how I can remove these so I can try painting or wrapping again. Any...
  15. M

SL R230 Bumper removal

Excellent pdf document LostKiwi, is there somewhere I can purchase a repair manual like this - looks like an excellent resource thanks Mike
  16. M

SL R230 Bumper removal

Very helpful all Many thanks
  17. M

SL R230 Bumper removal

Hi I have some corrosion on the rear wheel arches that I want to repair it is close to the junction with the rear bumper so want to remove the rear bumper. Does anyone have any info on how to remove the bumper and advice on wheel arch repair Many thanks Mike
  18. M

SL R230 Sat Nav problem

Thanks for your helpful comments Any info on where the antenna is and how to get at it? Thanks Mike
  19. M

Fixed centre console catch on a SL R230

Sorry to hear that, but it would be nice to have a fully functional original clasp rather than this work around. I just couldn't face the strip down which seemed quite involved Regards Mike
  20. M

Info on interior trim SL R230

Many thanks I will try it Regards Mike

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom