Search results

1. Ben Smith

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Nice finish, I went for the autobrite cherry glaze it’s an “all in one” but I was impressed with the results.
  2. Ben Smith

Gave the car a well deserved bath
  3. Ben Smith

Driveshaft ABS reluctor ring

No problem, I have that pack on my car too paired with with the intelligent lighting it really adds to the look of the car. I had a problem with mine last week, I had the abs esp and tyre monitoring all faulted at once. It turned out to just be a wheel speed sensor, which from what I have...
  4. Ben Smith

Does it have the AMG sport pack? If it does then you have the shorter springs.
  5. Ben Smith

Hi! MB enthusiast that needs help

Just take a visual look at all of them, if not use a multimeter and set it up for continuity, then check across each fuse. Make sure the ignition is off as you are performing a dead test.
  6. Ben Smith

eBay https://ebay.co.uk/usr/mercedesbenzofnewcastle They are very helpful and will get you a genuine one as they are a main dealer. I use these a lot
  7. Ben Smith

I think it was needed o_O
  8. Ben Smith

OM642 Noise on start up

Sometimes you can hear the valve lifters the first time after start up, as the oil has been completely drained. I only ask about the filter because some have an anti drain back in them, which means the top of the engine can stay lubricated on start up.
  9. Ben Smith

OM642 Noise on start up

Was it 5w40 that was in there before? Did you use a genuine filter?
  10. Ben Smith

OM642 Noise on start up

Hi Could you provide a video or sound clip it will give more of an idea of what’s going on. Did you only hear it after you had changed the oil? Did it do it again the next time you started it?
  11. Ben Smith

2019 W213 E220d Coupe Remap

Go for it mate.
  12. Ben Smith

A politician? Not quite but it’s hilarious banter I suppose.
  13. Ben Smith

Ill stick to my original point is it worth remapping a car that is that new and under warranty? Just buy the faster version.
  14. Ben Smith

It’s easier to sell it and buy one with a more powerful engine. For that sort of money you might as well go for a 250d, if you remap the 220d it will roughly be the same as a 250d. But the 250D has the hardware to support the power and torque.
  15. Ben Smith

What is it? Clutch, Flywheel or what?

The basic function of a flywheel Is to transmit power from engine to the clutch plate (manual gearbox). Your solid mass flywheel is made out of one piece of material. A dual mass flywheel basically dampens any violent spikes in torque and will reduce vibration for a smoother transmission of...
  16. Ben Smith

W204 C220 CDI EML light on - help needed please

Yeah it is but there isn’t that many garages I trust.
  17. Ben Smith

W204 C220 CDI EML light on - help needed please

More than likely a charge hose from before or after the intercooler. I can recommend Mertec in Rainham, but I appreciate it’s a fair distance.
  18. Ben Smith

New (to me) C250 swapped for my Audi avant

Thank you Yes I can’t quite put my finger on why, the build quality was very good, but that’s the best thing I can say about it.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom