Search results

1. M

Uneven steering feel

I did wonder about this but obviously I have no way of finding out about this insider information. I find poorly aligned/adjusted/centred steering somewhat distracting and is not even something my ten year old Toyota Corolla suffered from so I feel a bit ****ed off having to live with it when...
  2. M

Uneven steering feel

Having watched some videos online of a guy changing his W213 steering wheel the steering column only has marks to indicate the correct orientation. You could in theory stick it on the wrong way because there is nothing to physically stop you doing that. I do suspect that it may be the issue that...
  3. M

Uneven steering feel

Thanks. I will give this a go just to see.
  4. M

Uneven steering feel

Thanks for your advice. I have raised this via resolver with the Stratstone group already and I am waiting to hear back. Unfortunately my local dealer does not ever seem to provide any paperwork for anything they have done, despite asking multiple times both in writing and verbally. Most...
  5. M

Uneven steering feel

Well they now claim that the rack/steering was not adjusted by them even though they previously said it was. The fundamental issue I'm having is that they will not accept there is a problem when they test drive the car and based on that premise they will not then make any real effort...
  6. M

Uneven steering feel

The car was inspected again by the main dealer where I bought the car. Standard reply again. "We've test-driven it and even looked underneath it for you and it all seems ok and even if what you were describing was true, we wouldn't know what to adjust anyway". They have now changed their story...
  7. M

Uneven steering feel

I'm slightly ****ed with the second dealer for not picking up on it. I have access to a copy of WIS and it says that the rack should be centered prior to alignment by aligning the notches on the steering column and the rack itself (i.e inspecting under the car). I assume that the second dealer...
  8. M

Uneven steering feel

It fully explains the behavior of the car and why it is not something that shows up on whee alignment print outs but the guy who I spoke to this morning just wasn't getting it. I have raised a complaint with Mercedes Benz UK and asked them to clarify if removing the steering wheel and replacing...
  9. M

Uneven steering feel

Well the local guy did it perfectly. It is better but certainly not normal. I went into the Mercedes dealer and kicked up a right stink. Demanded a copy of the latest technician report. Turns out they took the steering wheel off and moved the wheel across. That would certainly explain the...
  10. M

Uneven steering feel

He says he had the correct equipment to do it but just wondering is it something that would usually need to be done every time the car is aligned?
  11. M

Uneven steering feel

I had a chat with the guy who is going to take a look at the car. He suggested that the steering angle sensor may need resetting. Does anyone know if this is part of the alignment procedure?
  12. M

Uneven steering feel

Yeah I take your point about taking it to various people. I'm just at the wrong end of the country (Leeds) for WIM and with covid I've had to be more sensible with traveling etc. I think I was just putting up with the car and now stuff is opening up again in starting to realise how much it...
  13. M

Uneven steering feel

Thank you all for the replies. I have taken it up at my local dealer but didn't really get anywhere the first time. I raised a complaint with Mercedes Benz UK but they didn't really seem to care all that much, all they suggested was to get it looked at again, I did not want to go back to my own...
  14. M

Uneven steering feel

Thanks for the advice. I test drove two E classes prior to purchase, one of which exhibited the same characteristics and one didn't. I just thought the one with the issue was not aligned correctly. The courtesy cars I have had since have all had some kind of steering quirk (uneven, or left-sided...
  15. M

Uneven steering feel

have spoken to WIM about it in the past. Camber/caster bolts aren't available for this model and I didn't really fancy putting adjustable aftermarket bushes on a nearly brand new car that is still under warranty. They also said that having cross Camber/caster could potentially make any uneven...
  16. M

Uneven steering feel

Hi all I have a 69 plate e220d AMG line with 19inch wheel. I purchased the car new back in October. The car was delivered with the steering wheel off centre (quite far to the right). The car was taken back by the dealer and adjusted. The steering was centred but the car was left with a problem...

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom