Search results

1. GJP

Help! Water spots!

Bow to your superior knowledge MTP - happily accepted your expertise on other issues and never had cause to complain! G
  2. GJP

Airpanel is listed on VIN code but .......

But mine isn't the external fins that move like the traditional rads do. Must be internal fins I assume. Will take a look this pm.
  3. GJP

Thanks for that. So it isn't the grilles at the front that moves, but behind it and in front of the cooling radiator? G
  4. GJP

Blobcat, Which radiator grille did you W213 have please - my S213 has this one. I am assuming it had multiple louvres. Regards G PS Do you know why it says "Active Senior Members" (as in plural) under my Avatar please?
  5. GJP

Wondering if it is not the whole grille (as was originally shown on C Class 2014) but just the bit below the number plate. G
  6. GJP

Is it quite common for an entry to be in the VIN codes listing but not actually present on the car? G
  7. GJP

Your Benz and how many miles?

'68 S213 on 10k miles
  8. GJP

How many watts does a UV Light need to be to kill viruses?

NB. Such pond UVs do need to be enclosed (in fact they are designed not to light unless a safety lug is engaged) - eye damage is guaranteed otherwise. G
  9. GJP

Wheel cleaner recommendations

Raceglaze IronPro cleaner, wash and rinse followed by Raceglaze Nano Sealant. The IronPro also has a "distinctive" aroma. Not hard work at all. G
  10. GJP

Help! Water spots!

I can vouch for the effectiveness of the water filters referred to on post #8. However, rinsing my car off with water from our domestic water softener also works - just fill 2 x 5 gallon Meguiars yellow buckets and use a spare shower pump does the trick. G
  11. GJP

My E400d says Airpanel in the VIN code readout but I don't think it has one. Anyone else think the same? G
  12. GJP

Air balance package

Hi, Anyone else unable to actually "smell" the fragrance in this system? Tried all settings and nothing! G
  13. GJP

Mercedes Me / MB Connect

If you have BT Wi-fi (not Bluetooth) it works over a much greater range than Bluetooth manages.
  14. GJP

W209 2008 CLK320 CDI - Dead Battery - Window Reset

Have seen reports of issues after using the Recond setting of a CTEK caused by higher voltage used (15.8V which is known to kill AGM batts) on the electronics if applied to an in-situ battery.
  15. GJP

One out of three rear head restraints

My 2005 S211 was the same - just the centre one (for visibility I assumed). Ironically, on my '68 E400d estate it's only the outside ones that drop - so, not the middle one. G
  16. GJP

E Class with OM654 Diesel Engine

I appreciate the car has Active Body Control which probably helps but I would think yours does to.
  17. GJP

They really are amazing - but expensive. I was able to test out a CLS 400d with them on 20" which led to me ordering on mine.
  18. GJP

My dealership lent me a GLE for the day when mine was in for servicing. Ironically, I had considered a GLE 350 before ordering the E400d - have to say I was disappointed with it as the ride was far too jittery, rolled a lot in corners and did not feel overly stable.
  19. GJP

Exceeded expectations by a mile would be my response. I was thinking E63 but no good for pulling a caravan - also, given a colleagues reaction (uncomfortable and noisy not compensated for by performance) I'm glad I didn't .

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom