Search results

1. George Benz

Ignition, dash light issues & engine cutting out?

Thanks Bill, that's interesting sounds like we are having the same issues! If I recall once I did have the same issue where cut out and then started but I killed the engine and restarted, likewise if you find out please let me know. Thanks for the advice RE Star.
  2. George Benz

Thanks Graham, indeed it's been a great car and I am really hoping to take it to 200K so not looking to part ways just yet! I have a good local indie I can take it to however would rather rule out anything I can check first, the car is probably only worth around £1-2K so trying to limit my...
  3. George Benz

Thank you for the suggestion! I am actually very much a layman when it comes to cars so hadn't checked the fuses yet! Seems simple enough to locate so I will first check for the SAM unit in the boot and check for any water ingress then take a look at the fuses and relays!
  4. George Benz

Your Benz and how many miles?

2007 CLK 220CDI (W209) - 163,000 miles. Engine has been utterly reliable, only issues have been auxiliary so far
  5. George Benz

Hi all, new member here but have been a lurker for some time! I have a CLK 220CDI with 160K on the clock, car has been utterly reliable but am now having some strange electrical gremlins, hoping someone has had the same issues and found a common fault. It started with key fob issues, as in...
  6. George Benz

CLK W209 - Engine stalls / won't start - code P1337 ?

Has anyone found the solution to this problem? I have been having exactly the same issues recently, it started with key issues as in delays in unlocking and having to press the key a few times to unlock, I changed batteries in both the main and spare and did not make any difference. Then I had...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom