Search results

1. Dan Tanna

4-Year-Old C Class Coupe Wiring Failure - Quoted £9,000!

It's all very odd considering I had the car from new. MB Dealership know this isn't right either, they said so, but they won't do anything about it other than quote me ridiculous prices for bodging it up
  2. Dan Tanna

Not exactly. They said one of their guys squeezed through the central arm rest into the boot to release the rear seats but didn't then explain how they opened the boot. Someone said that you can release the boot with the metal key within the key fob but the car is still at the dealership so I...
  3. Dan Tanna

No nothing. It's had a good life for 4 years - low mileage, taken good care of.
  4. Dan Tanna

Thank you for your reply and advice. I have emailed the MB dealership and the head of their service department - if I do not receive a positive response and outcome to this I will ensure that the MB Owners Forum are made fully aware of where this is. For the moment however I do not want to...
  5. Dan Tanna

Exactly. This should never have happened on a 4-year-old car but I'm most disappointed in the dealership's response.
  6. Dan Tanna

I hadn't noticed any problem before Wednesday night. I went to close the boot with the red button and it didn't work - the red light wasn't on as it would normally be. I used the foot under the back bumper method and it closed half way and stopped. I close it down but then it wouldn't open at...
  7. Dan Tanna

It's been a good car up to now to be fair. I am more disappointed in the MB dealership really. I took it in under my extended warranty but I now note that they are trying to charge me a diagnostic fee as well as 2 hours labour when figures were never discussed with me.
  8. Dan Tanna

I will, once I get the car back which is proving to be another difficulty! I said yesterday I wanted to pick my car up only to receive an email today asking if I wanted to go ahead with the £1,800 fix which I had already said I didn't. I called the dealership and the Service Dept has all gone...
  9. Dan Tanna

That's what I thought but MB dealership have not given me much in the way of an explanation. They seemed more concerned with me paying to have it fixed!
  10. Dan Tanna

Thanks. I'm so annoyed they they are trying to rip me off.
  11. Dan Tanna

The MB dealership offered to fix it the non-Mercedes £9,000 recommended way (which is odd considering they are a MB dealership) and for £1,800 which I declined, obviously.
  12. Dan Tanna

4 years from brand new and from a Merc dealership The MB dealership offered to fix it the non-Mercedes £9,000 recommended way (which is odd considering they are a MB dealership) and for £1,800 which I declined, obviously.
  13. Dan Tanna

Thank you for your reply and advice. The damage apparently was to the wires in the boot and the exclusions in the extended warranty states that it doesn't cover Wires and Wiring Looms. What caused the damage I do not know as it wasn't explained, but I will endeavour to get this in writing from...
  14. Dan Tanna

There's no way I am having it done at Mercedes unless they pay the £9,000!

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom