Search results

1. Manc Rick

clicking noise front front/top of engine

No idea about your car but my W213 has a clicking noise and I solved it… it was a metal strut brace clicking… I tightened up the bolt and it cured it. Different car I know but thought I’d mention on the off chance
  2. Manc Rick

Tales of woe

Yeah, I’m going to change my driving style now. As you say, quite difficult to get above 2000rpm especially with the 9G box, as it’s in 4th gear by 22mph. I do use sport mode periodically, but even that doesn’t take the revs much past 2k rpm. I’ve only ever ran BP Ultimate and fuel...
  3. Manc Rick

Tales of woe

Yeah, but if it was blow by, would that not burn oil? Oil usage is very low, if at all. Runs sweet also. Just can’t understand it
  4. Manc Rick

Tales of woe

After trouble free motoring since the AdBlue tank saga back in December, I started to notice a whistling sound, on a downward pitch, when letting off the accelerator. Tried to pinpoint it, no other symptoms, no EML and could only locate the sound to ‘around’ the area of the turbo (but not the...
  5. Manc Rick

I have a problem with family member’s OM640

Thanks guys. I was going to try the extractor socket but found this on Amazon for £5 and thought it might be narrow enough to wrap around the cap. Slipped the first few times, but eventually I managed to crack it loose with this and a long breaker bar. I’m pretty impressed with it. The normal...
  6. Manc Rick

It’s a half inch hex socket yes.
  7. Manc Rick

Father in law bought a W169 (A180) with the 2L diesel OM640 (2007) and I was carrying out a service on it. Below is the engine (sideways). Never worked on this engine before, but the oil filter is sized on and I’m starting to round off the plastic hexagonal top section (hasn’t been off for at...
  8. Manc Rick

Rear jacking options W213?

Ps glad I’m not alone in not feeling happy using the diff to jack up.
  9. Manc Rick

Thanks, I will look out for that as an axle stand point in future. In the end, with my son helping, we changed the fuel filter by jacking up at the rear side and putting axle stands under the bottom ball Joint and one under the brake disk, with the wheel under the car as extra insurance and...
  10. Manc Rick

Yeah, to me the rear differential is the obvious choice, but I’ve read conflicting information ranging from ‘it’s a big no no, will damage the diff’ to ‘its fine with a block of wood under it’.
  11. Manc Rick

Yeah, the ramps I’ve got are too narrow for the 225 tyres but I may have to invest in some wider ones.
  12. Manc Rick

Concerning issues with 2019 e-class just bought yesterday

Trouble is, most of the stock of the used premium cars (MB) are diesel engines, unless things have changed in the past couple of years? I’d usually be ready to replace mine about now, but what with… other than electric, every approved used car above the A and C class you look at seems to be...
  13. Manc Rick

Hi all, I’m well used to jacking up the car using the front central jack point and also the side skirt jack points, but I need to jack up the back in order to change the fuel filter (tried it with heavy duty trolley jack at the front but still not enough room to work under where the filter is...
  14. Manc Rick

What do you clean and polish yours with

Yes, you can’t beat proper Korean microfibre. I use a Korean twisted loop type drying towel. My weekly wash routine is as follows: - Bilt Hamber snow foam all over - Pressure wash the car until all foam gone - Wash with Bilt Hamber Auto Wash pure shampoo - Pressure wash again - Open hose...
  15. Manc Rick

AdBlue brand?

After the episode back in December with the AdBlue tank, i don’t want to take any chances but I’m wondering whether there is any difference between AdBlue brands? I tend to stick with OE for most things, but I’m thinking that AdBlue is AdBlue and so brand doesn’t matter? Is that right or...
  16. Manc Rick

AdBlue problem

This is what I have heard also. Thankfully, I keep an eye on things like this, but many motorists just take the car in for an annual service and assume that all that is required is being carried out. A lot of people wouldn’t think to ‘ask’ for AdBlue to be extracted and refilled. Same with...
  17. Manc Rick

Fuel filter OM654

Yes, strong possibility, thanks. Can anyone confirm, or anyone know about the white bit?
  18. Manc Rick

Fuel filter OM654

Hi, I’ve ordered the part and am about to change the fuel filter in my 213. I’ve located where it is situated (rear underside) and have seen a video where the cup is unscrewed removed, then the filter element is pulled down using the grip tool that comes with the filter. What I’m trying to...
  19. Manc Rick

Discoloured chrome (bright work) on a238 (w213) e53

I too bought the Autosol chrome plated polish on the back of this thread and I’m amazed, it actually works. I’ve previously tried all kinds of products and nothing else touches it. Great product!

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom