Search results

1. E

Engine note

Hello all. Firstly (and very overdue) I had a problem with a noise/grumble from the engine after a few minutes on start up a year ago. After much research (and failed attempts from MB main dealer to fix), I found a thread that mentioned the pulsation damper. This worked. And joy joy joy - a...
  2. E

E10 and engine warning light

Just an update. I filled the tank with 99 Octane E5. Drove a couple of times. On the third start of the engine, the engine warning light went out and has stayed off for the three drives I've had since then. So E5 seems to have fixed the problem. I'll update this thread if the problem reappears...
  3. E

E10 and engine warning light

Morning all. I've got a 2007 CL500. Just been in for its B service. I filled it up with E10 petrol a couple of weeks ago, and after a couple of drives the engine warning light has come on. Could the two events be linked? I've read that E10 can affect sensors etc. If this is the case, will...
  4. E

W216 CL500 2007 - looking to buy.

Just to add, peterws, I checked hinge on passenger side again, and totally blocked. Rather freaked out as nothing I did (wire stuck down and twisted for an hour in the dark) would unblock it and rain forecast. So went to B & Q and found this drain worm and it works brilliantly - a very...
  5. E

Sorry to take so long to reply. The interior is: LEATHER - RED (207A) though, as the pictures say, it's more tan than red. Glad you like it - it was that and the matt wood finish that did it for me.
  6. E

Picked it up today - and was brilliant. Really love it. The engine is genius and the interior amazing (and cleaned the left hing gutter, which was blocked - thank you). Now, I am wondering about alloys (as I don't love the current ones). Are the wheels on the attached car 20" from CL63? Is Ebay...
  7. E

Thanks. I’ll check that first thing.
  8. E

Thank you all for your messages and information. I have taken the plunge and pick the car up on Saturday. Service History is spot on and it looks like it's barely been used (despite the 77000 on odo.) For those of you who are interested, this is it. The tan interior and particularly the mat look...
  9. E

Thank you. I’ve steeled myself for proper maintenance and the associated cost. Lovely looking cars, and I can’t wait to have a v8 rumbling along as well.
  10. E

Hi all. I'm looking at a 2007 cl500 (W216). It's got a full MB service history, MOT history seems fine, and it's done 80 000. Is that a lot of miles or are these reliable over big miles (properly maintained), without breaking or breaking the bank?
  11. E

Irrelevant101

I do like the idea of the twin turbo - but seems like more things to go wrong. And I know that the NA 5.5 will be more than adequate. But... who never wanted a little bit more? Are they both as reliable as each other?
  12. E

Irrelevant101

Very good to be here. 4.7? I understand wanting that - but is the simplicity of the 5.5 (plus the tried-and-tested part of) worth thinking about? I'm not interested in massive power - a woofly v8 and long-legged, luxurious distance covering is my thing. HOWEVER - the flat torque 'curve' of the...
  13. E

Irrelevant101

Morning all, I've been trawling the forums for some time and thought it was time I joined the Borg. I'm waiting for my son to pass his driving test (though if he takes much longer - Covid not helping - I might leave him to do it on his bike) so I can sell my current hatch back and buy a w216...
Top Bottom