Search results

1. M

Problem with 2016 C350e Airmatic Suspension

The compressor is quite easy to access when it is on the ramp (and also not too difficult from underneath) so it might be worth if you can getting it off to have a look but the new compressor definitely sorted mine. If it doesnt drop when it is left standing then there is no leak. When my...
  2. M

Hi Mate, Yes, the replacement compressor fixed mine, although I do seem to have a small intermittent leak on one bag now (If I dont use it for a couple of days the one corner will be noticeably lower but rises back up as soon as I use the card and then stays up so I havent dont anything else...
  3. M

Help with problem with Airmatic suspension on W212 E300

Yeah I know pumps fail but it if the fact that there is no 12V supply to the pump / compressor. If it was running but not lifting then I could understand it but there is no supply to it, and it runs fine on a bench under a direct 12V feed
  4. M

Help with problem with Airmatic suspension on W212 E300

Friend of mine has a 63 plate E300 estate which has airmatic suspension on the rear (only I understand). Whilst his Mrs was driving it, it went down on the back completely. NO message on the dash. When the car is switched off and back on it says vehicle is rising but it doesnt rise and it doesnt...
  5. M

Well got the compressor off and the discharge valve is definitely in a pretty poor state. I guess it is moisture coming out of the compressed air which has caused corrosion. Pump itself also showing signed of wear in similar way so ordered a new one and see how we go then
  6. M

Thanks. As I understand it there is the compressor and the valve manifold which to which the feeds to the various bags connect as well as the outlet from the compressor (there is no reservoir correct?) Is the discharge valve you are talking about on the compressor or on the manifold? And you...
  7. M

Can you tell me where the compressor is located and how did you get it off (looking at pictures of them looks like it is a pipe and an electrical connector plus mounting screws). Also, is the discharge solenoid changeable on it do yo think? I am very much thinking my issue is that the...
  8. M

The fact that it was the back first and then the front to me suggests that the issue is with some common part for both the front and back. Both the front or both the back have dropped quite suddenly and not come back on their own. I think this poretty much rules out a leak on one of the air...
  9. M

Is that the same on all the wheels? From the highest point on the actual wheel itself, rather than the tyre, to the highest point on the bottom of the wheel arch (straight up from the wheel) ?
  10. M

Well a further update. HAs been fine for a couple of days and then tonight going to pick my son up I had the red "Stop - suspension too low" warning on the dash, I pulled over and check and the back looked fine, and then I noticed the front was down!!!!!! first time that has happened. Switch...
  11. M

COuld you by any chance let me have a couple of photos show how the suspension sits over the wheels. I think mine looks high but of course I have never really taken much notice of it before and dont have a comparison. ALternatively, let e have some measurements - say from the top of the rim of...
  12. M

Thanks for the info. The fact that mine is intermittent makes it more difficult to diagnose. All the sensor connections have been clears and resealed and at the moment it seems to be OK. The compressor seems to have decent pressure, but of course havent been able to check it when the issue is...
  13. M

It turns out that my car has a sensor on each rear wheel so the level sensor looks less likely. They and their wiring has been checked and seems fine so at a bit of a loss. The intermittent nature makes it very difficult to diagnose
  14. M

MY engineering background, considering the symptoms, has always pointed me to it being a sensor issue and the fact that there is one level sensor for the back I think the money is to look at that one first
  15. M

Thanks Malcolm210. That is very interesting. The fact that there is possibly a single level sensor for the back makes this consistent with the fact that the suspension is dropping on both rear wheels and if the sensor is playing up rather than completed U/S then that would be consistent with...
  16. M

OK. But if there was a leak then the car would surely warn that the suspension was too low, whereas the first two times it happened the suspension on the back was bottomed out but there was no warning message from the car, which to me points to sensors
  17. M

OK. Understood. Thanks. Is it really possible that there could be a serious leak which from an airbag or pipework (other than a sticking valve) which only leaks intermittently?
  18. M

North Northampton near Market Harborough and Kettering (very close to J 2 of A14). Northampton is also ok to get to but not quite as close. I have an engineering background but I think it is my ignorance of how the system works and is connected that means I am struggling to understand there...
  19. M

Thanks. This a 2016 car so if the bad batch was 2010-11 then unlikely to be on mine?? Also, it seems unlikely that airbags on both rears would go at the same time, that if the leak was so bad that it drops as quick as it does but then both dont leak when stood stationary before both leaking...
  20. M

Thanks for the replies. I have taken it a local garage (not a dealership) and they have plugged it in and there are 3 fault codes: C157200 (The correction time when filling is too long) C156782 (The Left front vehicle level is out of the permissible range. A Signal is below the permissible...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom