Search results

1. joe2612

Removing silencers from SL55 exhaust....

If anyone still has their resonators after doing this mod please PM me as I'm trying to source some. Thanks!
  2. joe2612

New SL55 Member

Thanks @JohnOS , the link above has more info on the android unit I went for. A lot of these android units very similar, just with different UX and variations on the CPU / RAM specs. I opted for a more conservative spec of 2GB ram, but I mainly use Apple Car Play so my iPhone would be doing...
  3. joe2612

New SL55 Member

Thank you all. @Steve@Avantgarde Indeed! The piano black looks great but you can almost guarantee scratches just by looking at it! I've just repainted them with 2K acrylic and a coat of C Quartz ceramic to see if that helps prevent them. Other than that it's just a case of being careful with...
  4. joe2612

New SL55 Member

I've owned my SL55 for just over a year now and finally got round to signing up to the forum having been a 'spectator' all this time. It's a 2003 model which came fully loaded including some rare extras including designo interior roof trim, pan roof, exclusive nappa leather, keyless go...
  5. joe2612

5CH Amplifier Setup For R230 SL

If anyone else is interested, here is how I set the system up. I am by no means a car audio installer ( this is the first install I've done in over 10 years), but it sounds very nice. FRONTS Left+Right RCA Out from Headunit into 2* Y splitter to feed CH1,2,3,4 IN on JL Amp. Used Channel 1 +...
  6. joe2612

@Alfie Yep, considered the sub aswell and command 2.0 is going, I'm yet to decide on its replacement but whilst I decide I'm planning the speaker to JL amp integration.
  7. joe2612

Hi all, I'm in the process of replacing my bose amp with a JL audio XD700 and retaining the bose speakers. Does anyone who has installed this amp ( or any 5ch amp for that matter) have any tips or advice on the best setup/ settings for the amplifier with the stock speakers? I know that the...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom