Search results

1. L

Could it be Inlet manifold or something else

That’s ok mate no worries I had a look down the side of the oil filter housing from what I could see as it’s quite hard to see down there could not see no oil at all
  2. L

Is it a expensive job as to be spending a lot of money just after Christmas is to much I’ve seen them eBay for around 100 pound obviously pattern part that should keep the cost down I suppose as long as there ok to use
  3. L

Thanks mate I’ll check that now
  4. L

Trouble is my merc guy can’t look at the car till 23rd of jan im wondering if a normal garage would be able to do the work for me
  5. L

Yeah it only seems to happen when you really rev the car on idle or floor it when driving apart from that the car is running fine not even in limp mode that’s my only hope of it not being cracked as I’ve been reading it puts the car into limp mode and won’t go over 20mph
  6. L

Hi guys I’ve got a 2011 c220 cdi om651 engine on 143k now last few days under hard acceleration I can hear like a whooshing noise from the left side of the engine took it a Merc Indy garage near where I live but he did not seem very helpful. He test drove the car and heard the noise himself...
  7. L

Can anyone help

What pully would that be mate is it anything to do with the chain at all or the tensioner
  8. L

Can anyone help

I noticed today when I had the car running a sqeaking noise coming from the back of the engine area could this be the chain on its way out at all the car is a 2011 c class 220cdi with 140 thousand miles on the clock
  9. L

Timing chain

Ok thanks Malcolm since my ownership I’ve been changing the oil every 6 thousand miles as I’ve been reading this helps plus I’ve disabled stop start
  10. L

Timing chain

Hi guys not long brought my 2011 Mercedes c class 220 cdi estate. It’s now on 140k was just getting worried about the timing chain on the car when should I be looking at changing it/ or how long are they meant to last
  11. L

Timing chain issues

Ok thank you I’ll get it checked over
  12. L

Timing chain issues

I’ve watched the video my engine does not make that nose at all I can’t hear that distinct metal rattle that I’m sure of
  13. L

Timing chain issues

Thanks for the detailed response
  14. L

Timing chain issues

Hi mate I mean a lemon as I’m as soon as I got the car it had nothing but problems. But like you said it’s to be expected in a older car and I’ve loads of paper work with the car it’s has a service every year from the records I have I suppose I’m just being paranoid really but do they all make a...
  15. L

Timing chain issues

Hi guys I’ve recently bought a lemon of a Mercedes 2011 c220 cdi estate, now touch wood so far it’s been ok apart from the steering lock failure, it’s now sitting on 137k, it’s had full service history including a oil and filter change since I’ve had the car how worried should I be about the...
  16. L

Brought a right lemon of a car I think

EIS then unfortunately Unfortunately looks that way got a company coming today to replace at the cost of £500 bit of a hit but got no choice really
  17. L

Well just had rac out there is no noise from The barrel when key is inserted even he said it’s the lock or the barrel not the Battery that was reading 12.4 volts
  18. L

Well im hoping this ain’t my steering lock failure on this car as it’s mega money to get someone out to me but won’t ****** start im praying it’s the battery
  19. L

don’t worry I’m going to set fire to this car later I won’t need to ask anymore questions at all

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom