Search results

1. machone

Radio causing Headlights high beam flash

Back again! Having fixed some serious problems with the sam(drying it out) I am now concentrating on the radio. The unit is a belsee unit which is like most of the generic Chinese android units. It has CarPlay and looks like it fits the carw203. If I plug the unit in, it works fine and I can...
  2. machone

Urgent Water drain problem

Thanks. I am not sure where the designed drain is but I think it must be under the Sam box which is a long and difficult job to take out - taking the Sam out was contortion. As a temporary/medium term fix I have taken the bung out. I tested it with a jug of water and it did not come out of the...
  3. machone

Am I missing any covers here? As you said, it seems strange but the Sam unit/fuse box side does not have an obvious drain, unless it is underneath the Sam itself which is a pain to remove. I have found(& lost) the bung on that side but as there is no obvious hole in the wheel well I am going to...
  4. machone

Yes, I removed it in the picture, same with the other side - a cover over the sam. Problem is, everything looks ok/normal but water is still getting in. I think through the bonnet vents and it is filling these two compartments. Hopefully not the Battery side now I have cleaned the drain, but the...
  5. machone

Cannot find a heart valve on the other side, just the small rubber stopper bung. I am pretty sure these are not one way valves, just bungs. Diagram of parts also confirms.
  6. machone

I’ve cleaned all the rubber tubes(3 I think) from below the windscreen. Also the big rubber bung shown in the top picture(it was clogged). It’s a LHD so the sam unit is on the lhs and that keeps filling with water and I think it is why the Sam is fried. I think I see a small bung there, as the...
  7. machone

The big drain(top picture) looks like that but are the small bungs that are either side at the lowest point also one way valves? I cleaned one up(bottom picture) but could not find any way of getting water through.
  8. machone

W203 c180 no crank no start

I had the car going into limp mode but it was after a differential refit - turned out to be the wrong(very slightly) diff ratio so gearbox sensor only let me have limp and 2 gears.
  9. machone

Thanks, that is a help. Looks like just one drain plug.....mad design, amazed it has worked up until now.
  10. machone

Is there a version of the program Mercedes have for parts - the big exploded diagram? I need to sort the drain/water egress problems out because it rains constantly here and even if this Sam is not fried if it keeps filling with water it will end up fried! The vents on the top of the bonnet are...
  11. machone

Anybody help with whether or not there is a drain on the Sam side?
  12. machone

Can anybody tell me why there is a rubber bung at the lowest point of the battery compartment? I took it out and of course the water drained immediately!
  13. machone

Trying to dry it all out now. Is there a drain on the other side the same as this?
  14. machone

Thanks, Same on the other side? Better to clear from wheel arch or bonnet?
  15. machone

W203 Double radio - belsee

Thanks. Are these better than the chinese units though? They look exactly the same? I will get back to the radio but I have bigger problems just now - see other thread!
  16. machone

Hi I have just had a battery/alternator visit workshop warning. This was followed by ‘everything’ - temperature reading mad readings - 16, parking brake on warning when is wasn’t, headlights flashing high beam and would not switch off when ignition off and many others. I checked under the...
  17. machone

W203 Double radio - belsee

Was working fine - the head unit that is - due Covid I have a 2000km commute so it was a godsend, the flashing main beam & skippy indicators, not so much, but I was not convinced they were related. Now I know & I can live without the head unit but will miss it, especially carplay!. I’m hoping it...

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom