Search results

1. M

C220cdi om651 has me baffled

Hi, yes to update this thread both cars were finally repaired. So the first repair was on the engine freshly rebuilt, this turned out to be a sticking valve on cyclinder 3. After reluctantly pulling the head i found it. So then i moved onto the second car and proceeded to remove the head also...
  2. M

I've actually read through your threads Kev which is why I too am convinced it's the injectors but leak off tests, it not moving from cylinder to cylinder like other cars do had me second guessing which is why I was reluctant on buying a new set of injectors. I have however found a few things...
  3. M

Bled multiples using star, no difference.
  4. M

Om651 balance shafts are built into the main bearing holder which is a stupid design. The entire assembly must be removed in order to check the journal bearings. The more I think about it the more I think I'm clutching at straws with that one as surely it would effect all cylinders not just...
  5. M

Could the balance shafts cause this, if they were slightly out of time? A passing thought is that if the balance shafts are slightly out of sync then could the ecu be trying to over compensate and cannot correct itself? It would mean removing engine to find out but I'm running out of ideas now lol.
  6. M

I've just placed an injector in mid air connected to cylinder 3 wiring and fuel pipe. Started the car and the injector is firing as it should. So this now tells me the ecu is not shutting down the cylinder. This now leads me to believe there is incomplete burning of the diesel which is in turn...
  7. M

Thought it was too cheap for a set of reconditioned injectors. I've just received a call from germany asking me for a €50 deposit per injector for the exchange of my old injectors. Normally I would be ok with this but as the company is not uk based I'd rather not take the risk.
  8. M

Timing has been checked multiple times, if timing was out I would have thought it would effect all cylinders at some point. When the injectors were exchanged they were for a 2nd hand set. I've just ordered a full set off reconditioned injectors with new c3i codes from ebay. They are coming from...
  9. M

No obstruction to cylinder 3, fuel getting through. I'm convinced it's the injectors.
  10. M

After speaking with actronics it's an ecu they cant do much with unfortunately. However he did state that usually if the ecu is at fault it would effect 2 cylinders rather than just one ak the time. Back to head scratching lol
  11. M

This is what is throwing me, it's always cylinder 3 on both cars. As much as I think it highly unlikely to be both ecus I'm at loss as to what else it could be. I will be giving actronics a quick call.
  12. M

So I'm sat in the car with xentry, thought I would gather exact info for you guys. Xentry compression test Test result An rpm difference of 17rpm was detected The check was ok Cylinder 1 290 1/min Cylinder 2 285 1/min Cylinder 3 302 1/min Cylinder 4 291 1/min Smooth operation Values range...
  13. M

Not as yet, I will take a look today.
  14. M

I've never swapped the ecus round from car to car. I agree ot would be kinda strange if both ecus were at fault at the same time.
  15. M

I did read regarding the bleeding and have tried it multiple times. Didnt make any difference. I'm just confused why its cylinder 3 on both cars. Its as though the ecu is shutting the cylinder down.
  16. M

I had been thinking ecu fault to check next. I will grab compression figures again tomorrow and perform another leak off test.
  17. M

Yes I had checked the plug. If I disconnect the injector it gives a new code.
  18. M

Fuel pressure is good, above 300 whilst running, on both cars. Injectors fully recoded to current cylinders as i have moved them around from cylinder to cylinder bearings had spun on 4th journal.
  19. M

Hi Guys, Hopefully somebody may be able to help me here as i have a Mercedes c220cdi 2012 that i have just rebuilt the engine due to bottom end failure. The car had been sat for 18months and so i expected a few issues with sensors etc... but im at a loss with this now. When i rebuilt the...

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom