Search results

1. Hotspur

What got you into a Mercedes Benz?

Since they bought Land Rover though you have to admit - the X5 story has been a pretty blinding success - selling between 2 - 3 Million vehicles, and that doesn't include the hugely popular X3, X4, X6, X7, X1 and X2 vehicles...we have had 2 and they are great cars.
  2. Hotspur

Living with an R230

Forgive me friends if this has been discussed but I wanted to check in and see if someone learned could advise. I have a 2004 R230 SL350 - one previous owner, low miles that I picked up in Spring last year. I had heard or read that there is a limit on braking or something, i mean a total...
  3. Hotspur

Living with an R230

Where are these located in the car and what are they for / what do you need to do to keep them clean / empty / in good cond?
  4. Hotspur

Living with an R230

My SL is stored in doors so no chance for it to leak or for me to know whether it would given the chance - but my E46 M3 Convertible was always left outdoors and never leaked at all...
  5. Hotspur

Living with an R230

The SL aka "Little Red" goes into hibernation this weekend alongside my e38 (aka "Tupac") until spring... Will try the single (consumer) battery charging this time as opposed to both front and back - if keeps the front charged fine, if not easy to rectify the front (starter) battery to get it...
  6. Hotspur

Living with an R230

Are you sure? I had heard otherwise. In the meantime, I have both front and rear batteries on trickle CTEK chargers, and have been on for months whilst I enjoyed my other toy for the winter...however I used the SL on Sunday...oh what a lovely day out...and such an enjoyable drive...car feels...
  7. Hotspur

Possible EV.

Wife just ordered an iX3 TBF I test drove one with her and it was actually pretty good...it's fine for her daily needs, commute, shopping, usual kid duties...but I think I will be keeping my petrol powered Merc's and BM's for the foreseeable...
  8. Hotspur

ULEZ Consultation

Assuming the BladeRunners haven't destroyed the camera...apparently almost 300 cameras vandalised on day 1...
  9. Hotspur

ULEZ Consultation

This is no joke - I heard on the radio - apparently, if you claim that you are a member of the Taliban then you are not subject to parking tickets or ULEZ due to some loophole - they went on to say that the Taliban already have in excess of 2000 unpaid parking tickets and ULEZ fines which can...
  10. Hotspur

Living with an R230

Its not very high, certainly under 6ft which most garage ceilings should be higher than...
  11. Hotspur

Living with an R230

I was just thinking if you put the roof up outside of the garage and then it gets stuck - would you be stuck with the car on the drive rather than in the garage or would one be able to drive it forward 30 or so feet into the garage with a semi opened roof - otherwise it would be sensible if not...
  12. Hotspur

Living with an R230

when the roof gets stuck (Stuart when yours stopped half way for example) does the car refuse to start and move? or can you till drive it slowly into a garage to protect it from rain until it is fixed?
  13. Hotspur

Living with an R230

I wonder how often an occurance this is - I mean have others had it too and should I expect it, or is it unlucky to have such an issue?
  14. Hotspur

R230 Dual Battery On-board Electrical System

I charge both of mine - if its only going to parked for a few days then I charge the rear only, but if its likely to be a week or more then both...
  15. Hotspur

Living with an R230

Will be heading down to the smoke this holiday weekend - will take the SL, roof down when the weather allows, with no ULEZ costs...that made my day / weekend...its the little things (wins) that brighten ones day...oh and a folding panoramic roof helps too... :)
  16. Hotspur

Living with an R230

Given the widening of the ULEZ perimeter, I thought I would check which of my cars were compliant and not...to my surprise the TfL website says my 2004 SL350 (R230) is compliant....is that true, are they (all) compliant? Pleasantly surprised if it is indeed true and not an error - does anyone...
  17. Hotspur

Buying a used E class w212

Good shout on the E350, mine was very low miles for a 10 year old car, and at start up was actually very quiet and completely silent on the move - but it had been serviced every 6 months, sometimes it hadn't even moved between services (except to an from the servicing garage)...but you could...
  18. Hotspur

Depreciation

Mercedes AMG considering bringing back V8's BMW and Audi are expected to follow Porsche have said there WILL be an EV 911, BUT will continue producing ICE 911's Ferrari have refused to stop all ICE Lamborghini will continue to make hybrid ICE until synthetic ICE becomes affordable I guess as...
  19. Hotspur

Depreciation

Looks like AMG are considering going back to big bad V8's....(the same I have read for M and RS products in other news) https://apple.news/AkZ4HOHWHRTqDXcE-sVHInQ
  20. Hotspur

Depreciation

But like many a racing driver does..if needed and its absolutely desperate, one can empty ones bladder whilst driving - admittedly there would be a clean up operation when you get home, or one can pull over and run behind a tree...neither of which options have a EV charger...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom