Search results

1. M

Loud ticking / tapping noise once engine is turned off

Update - rather than replacing the whole exhaust, as the rest is fine, the second box along from the rear exhaust where the noise seems to be coming from is going to be cut out and replaced with a stainless steel box and welded back together by a garage which specializes in exhausts... £180...
  2. M

This was the video the garage sent me with a little explanation - you’ll be able to hear the noise im referring to - as it’s in the garage it doesn’t seem as loud but when outside it’s a lot more noticeable https://video.bookmygarage.com/Yls9y This was the video the garage sent me with a...
  3. M

i think I might join you, don’t fancy spending around £900. Garage did say it isn’t anything serious, just annoying for the noise that it makes
  4. M

Update - garage have said it’s the “baffles” coming from inside the exhaust system. Apparently the part needs to come from Germany is around £700!!
  5. M

Thanks. It just seems strange that it makes such a loud noise for such a long period after minimal amount of driving?
  6. M

Wondered where the missis had been... What is pinking??
  7. M

Sounds like it’s at the rear passenger side by the exhaust
  8. M

Hoping someone can help with the following issue I’ve noticed with a used automatic C Class coupe 2012 I’ve recently purchased. The car makes a loud ticking / tapping noise once it’s parked after having been driven and the engine is turned off. It goes on for 10+ minutes - I haven’t waited to...
Top Bottom