Search results

1. M

ML280 W164 propshaft centre bearing replacement

Hi folks, I need to replace the propshaft centre bearing on my ML. Has anyone carried this out and can give me some guidance? Thanks
  2. M

Suspension control arm torque settings - ML280

Hi, Would anyone have the correct torque settings for the rear suspension strut control arms? I've just replaced the hub carrier and the top (camber adjustment) control arm and need the correct torque settings to get it all tightened up and back on the road. Many thanks Colin
  3. M

Unclip handbrake cable from backplate

Hi, I am in the process of replacing a rear wheel hub assembly on my ML280 and I am looking for an easy way to release the handbrake cable from the backplate. Anyone got a proven technique I can use? Thanks
  4. M

W164 Fuel starvation?

Cancel enquiry as issue has been fixed by replacing the glow plugs I bought on the internet with Bosch ones from my local motor factors.
  5. M

W164 Fuel starvation?

My 2008 ML280 V6 is refusing to start. I have already fitted a new GP relay and GPs which heat up nicely when the ignition is switched on. I have checked the fuel lines for leaks and replaced a 15cm corroded piece of steel pipe with rubber hose in both lines just ahead of the fuel tanks so I'm...
  6. M

Fuel line diagram - W164

Thanks for these diagrams - they are more than I had, so now I'm more knowledgeable but no sign of any O-rings on them. Have you any more which show them around the engine?
  7. M

Fuel line diagram - W164

Evening, I think my 2008 ML280 W164 has an air leak in its fuel line as it's poor to start when cold and it's not the battery or the glow plug or gp relay. I have read that this was a common problem with the W163 series due to multiple O-rings along the line. Is the W164 fuel line the same or...
  8. M

Glow plugs

Morning, Here's a relay query - code reader showed glow plug 2 as open circuit, so checked that the power feed was good with multi-meter and replaced the glow plug - code not listed anymore, however now showing glow plug 5 as open circuit. That glow plug was replaced at same time as number 2...
  9. M

Glow plug replacement

Hi, the light only stayed on for 10 or so seconds after starting the engine and starting has never been a problem(until now) so didn't feel it was worth getting a garage to remove it. Over enthusiastic wrench monkey I'd guess.
  10. M

Glow plug replacement

Yes, had it for 5 years. First time investigating the Glow Plugs. The five I removed all appear to have correct resistance. Next task is a new or reconditioned turbo as the one fitted is blowing a bit of oil back down air filter pipe.
  11. M

Glow plug replacement

Thanks for the advice. I managed to remove and check 5 of them but the one nearside one nearest the bulkhead was broken when I got to it. Has anyone ever removed a broken glow plug with the cylinderhead still on the engine? I'm not even sure if there is enough clearance to do so with the...
  12. M

Limp mode after hard but not sudden braking

Evening, The above problem happened twice to me tonight on my commute home in my ML280. I had to pull over, stop, switch off the engine and restart the car to clear the problem. Anyone else had this problem and is there something I can do (apart from braking more gently and earlier :-) ) to...
  13. M

Glow plug replacement

Evening, In the next few days intend to check the resistance of all 6 of the glow plugs on my ML as the warning light stays on for several minutes after the engine has started. I understand you can check them without removing, but obviously faulty ones will have to come out. How easy is access...
  14. M

Rear coil spring part number

Hi, The VIN number is WDC1641202A245283. Thanks for offering to look this up for me. Very kind.
  15. M

Rear coil spring part number

Hi, Is anyone able to tell me the MB part number for the rear coil springs on my 2008 ML280 7-speed? Thanks
  16. M

Trim and adhesive ?

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help. The chrome plate which is on top of the rear bumper of my ML280 has came off and it does not click into place when I pop it back into the fixing holes. Two questions - how was this held in place before it got dislodged and has anyone got a suggestion how to...
  17. M

W202 flat battery quandry !

Today I discovered the battery in my W202 C180 was completely flat and the boot lock was siezed so I cannot get into the battery to recharge it. :twisted: Anyone got a solution? Is there somewhere to jump it in the engine bay? That sort of thing. Thanks
  18. M

C180 suspension ball joint nut sizes

Hi folks, I need to replace the front lower ball joints on my C180 and I have read many posts on the 'how to' but the replacement ball joints I have bought do not have new lock nuts supplied. :( Can anyone tell me what the size of the nuts are that I need? M what by what. My tap and...
  19. M

Central Locking Alarm/Immobiliser question

My 1996 C180 locks and unlocks as it should but if I leave the car parked and unlocked the immobilser resets itself after a couple of minutes. Before I can start the engine I have go through the whole routine of locking and then unlocking the car. My 1997 C180 does not do this. Is there a way...
  20. M

C180 cold start choke fails to engage

Afternoon everyone, This is a problem I have put up with for longer than I care to think about. :( When I start my 1996 C180 from cold, if I do not keep pressure on the accelerator pedal, it stalls. It appears the cold start choke is failing to engage. Once the engine is warm, when sitting in...

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom