Search results

1. D

How to shut off my W123 diesel?

Hi there, It seems that my shutoff valve is either sticking or leaking as it has got progressively worse over the last month or so and finally this morning I sat outside of work for over 10 minutes waiting for it to stop. So until I fix that how do I kill the engine? In the videos...
  2. D

W123 hazard relay only flashes one side?

Hi there, I have just replaced my relay as my hazards were not working. Now when I stick the hazards on only the left indicators flash. Any ideas or do we reckon it's a duff relay ( new from eBay over a year ago as there was a problem before but it turned out to be gunk in the hazard...
  3. D

W123 300 emmissions tips

Hi there, MOT time here in the UK and I was wondering what tips you all have to get smoke levels down. After fixing all the issues from the first MOT it missed the retest cut off and 140 miles later failed its second full test on emmissions. It failed at 4.93 M -1 with 3.00 M -1, it's an...
  4. D

Removing a 300TD side window preserving the rubbers

Hi all, Anytips on removing W123 windows, I have a rust spot under the nearside seal and need to remove the window to fix it. MB charge £149 for a new seal but only can get them for the drivers side... guess which side I need to fix... thats right, the passenger side (Not that I would...
  5. D

W123 tie rod bar bush, where can I get one in the UK

Hi guys, I have tried every autofactor I can think of and no one seems to do a bush for the F/N/S tie rod. I have twice been sent tracking rods labeled as Tie rods so there may be a terminology issue here, to me and the MOT tester a tie bar is the one that secures the suspension component...
  6. D

W123, Oops that F**ked up the suspension

H E L P !! I just changed the half shafts on my W123 300 TD and in the process managed to drop the diff too quickly which caught the pipe that goes into the accumalator banjo. Fluid leaked out but stopped when I nipped up the bolt that goes into the accumalator. Both accumalators are new...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom