Search results

1. LostKiwi

Diesel software update

And yet they aren't quoting for a turbo? Strange not to replace that if the shaft has broken?
  2. LostKiwi

R129 Gearbox Issue

I had a 2001 E Class. 38 pin. It reported nothing but the engine to a generic reader.
  3. LostKiwi

Battery disconnect and reconnect order.

If you disconnect the rear battery you will need to reset windows and steering angle sensor. Neither are a big deal. If you're only doing lights make sure key is well away from car, headlights set off and remove the lights without disconnecting but be very careful.
  4. LostKiwi

R129 Gearbox Issue

On the 38 pin diagnostics connector each pin corresponds to a control module. The 38 pin readers are aware of this and query the individual pins. Generic code readers only query a single pin on an adapter (usually pin 4) so cannot read the codes in the TCU which is on pin 10.
  5. LostKiwi

R129 Gearbox Issue

No it won't. You need the correct kit. You can read engine codes using a generic code reader but not gearbox or any other module.
  6. LostKiwi

R230 SL55 Rear Consumer battery not charging (front battery charging fine)

Bad rear battery, bad earth or failed BCM (battery control module).
  7. LostKiwi

Canbus compatible LED side lights for 2014 Sprinter

As above don't bother. It's not worth the hassle. It's also classed as a modification which means the insurance company needs to be informed.
  8. LostKiwi

SBC

I had my SBC pump fail and was lucky enough to find a new old stock one for about £350 which I then fitted myself. Fitting is easy with only the bleed procedure requiring special tools and STAR. An easy job to do within a half day for a half competent mechanic. A quick look on eBay pulls up a...
  9. LostKiwi

R129 300SL 1990 Possible earth cable

Looks like it to me too.
  10. LostKiwi

coolent top up required

Worst thing you can do. If there is any air in the heater core it will create a blockage that's impossible to remove. Had that happen in two cars. Never ever ever use k-seal unless it's a complete emergency. If I ever see the telly tale signs if k-seal in a coolant system it's time to walk...
  11. LostKiwi

1996 R129 SRS problems

Not heard of one and can't find any references to it on Google.
  12. LostKiwi

Enhancing a mercedes R class for being able to comfortably do mobile office work in the back

An R is probably not best for this but if you insist on an R the pre-facelift with the captain's chairs would likely be best as it gives more flexibility for creating an office space by turning the center row seats around. For the monitor the best option would likely be to use a roof mounted...
  13. LostKiwi

Swirl flap and dpf issues

A continuously blocking DPF can a symptom of a fault elsewhere - for example boost leaks from intercooler hoses or a holes intercooler. Theses cause the engine to think there is more air available for combustion than there really is so it insects too much fuel creating soot which the DPF...
  14. LostKiwi

R230 Nokia phone removal and fitting an Android phone

Was at la Tremblade just across the water last trip funnily enough!
  15. LostKiwi

R230 Nokia phone removal and fitting an Android phone

With a 2003 car you're pretty limited for options, especially if you have Bose. Pre 2004 cars used D2B fibre optic links whereas from 2004 they used MOST fibre loops. D2B is poorly supported. The usual method was to fit a Bluetooth unit in place of the phone(looks like a 6310 phone but is a...
  16. LostKiwi

slk brake bleeding

Can't see it making any difference to be honest.
  17. LostKiwi

What audio?

It depends on what your head unit is. For example on the 230 it's fibre to the phone, TV tuner, amp, and cd changer. On the 251 it's fibre to the DAB and Multi Media Interface (MMI) but not speakers. From the sounds of it yours may not have anything fibre connected but the only sure way to...
  18. LostKiwi

Bi Xenon Problem

Check the signal from the Sam. 5 minutes with an assistant flashing high beam and a multimeter should find which wires go to the shutter. Then check the signal stays high when the high beam is operated. In my experience solenoids tend to work or not work but not work for a few seconds before not...
  19. LostKiwi

2006 SL500 M273 engine serpentine routing plan

Take a few photos before you start.
  20. LostKiwi

Head gone ?

Not sure if it's the same on that engine but in some diesels there is a water gallery very close below the threaded hole. If there is liquid in the bottom of the bolt hole and it's tightened it can crack the casting. Also if it was drilled and rethreaded at some point they may have pierced the...
Top Bottom