Search results

1. D

Help needed to identify engine noise on an SL500

Thank you for this advice. One thing I forgot to mention is that the noise is very much reduced when the engine is fully hot after a long run. Would this be compatible with your thoughts on the tapping?
  2. D

Help needed to identify engine noise on an SL500

For years now, my 2005 SL500, which has just 58k miles on it has had a curious tapping from the front end, probably under the bonnet, rather than at the wheels. Performance is normal, the noise hasn't get any worse, but the noise is mildly irritating, and so I am wondering what the cause may be...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom