Search results

1. pomm001

SL500 R231 Centre console rear compartment

The rearmost centre console on my SL has a sliding lid, ever since ive had the vehicle its had a bit of blue tac holding down the top trim , foolishly i took a further look and the whole unit has been removed at some stage, and by the look of it with a hand grenade, all the plastic runners and...
  2. pomm001

W169 A class A1.6 petrol rattle on start up if left for 5 days or more

Bit of an odd one, my trusty A class, if left for more that 5 days, i.e. in the airport car park while on holiday, has 'death rattle' on initial start up, its only happens if left for 5 days or more, other than that the engine runs really well doesn’t use oil and good on fuel It has regular oil...
  3. pomm001

2014 SL500 44k miles,wheel speed sensor fault and going into a severe limp mode

Update I was going to swap over the sensors to confirm it was it was the sensor and not something else, but after calling my local MB dealer who had 1 in stock decided not to bother. Removed the inner wing cover and replaced the sensor , put it all back together and plugged in my scan tool and...
  4. pomm001

I think you’re right ! Ive had another look I hadn’t noticed before but the engine MIL light was on too, i recorded the code from the ECU and it said something about torque control, i cleared this and went for a short drive and in about half mile it went into serious limp again, looking a bit...
  5. pomm001

My SL has been standing for about 4 weeks, without a battery keeper on it. I decided to see if it would start, it did so and was going to give it a little run. All was good, was half expecting to have low voltage triggering all of the warning lights but all good, about 2 miles into the journey...
  6. pomm001

SL 500 R231 2014 trans shift question 722.9

I did a scan with my icarsoft scanner and no trans codes i also did a transmission 'learning reset' which im not sure did anything but it seems to have gone away and back to normal ? Beggars belief, fingers crossed it stays that way
  7. pomm001

Looking back it was changed at 25 k miles at MB
  8. pomm001

One thing I forgot to add was my outing in the car prior to noticing the fault was taking a friend of mine out for a drive and there was a lot more aggressive driving than normal, lots of kickdown, and switching between comfort and sport mode, is it possible that it needs to re learn or be reset...
  9. pomm001

Question for the tech savy out there: The above vehicle is reasonably new to me 43k miles full MB main dealer history I noticed on my last drive out that when coasting down from say 40 or 50 mph, off throttle the box changes down smoothly until about 20 ish which I’m guessing engages 2nd that...
  10. pomm001

2013 SL 500 Keyless locking

I have searched this topic and read lots, but still have a couple of questions regarding its operation: It looks as if my car doesn’t have the 'double lock' feature ie pressing the remote twice quickly and a red indicator light on the fob once completed vehicle registered 31.12.2013. The key...
  11. pomm001

R230 V R231 SL500

I would like to buy an SL500, the R230 is a classic shape and still looks sharp today, loaded with tech for its time Its younger brother while not as sharp looking certainly benefits from some weight loss, and more efficient engine, my dilemma is which one, subjective i know but would welcome...
  12. pomm001

Transmission service 2013 C350 cdi question

My son's 20130C350 is about due for a trans oil and filter change, from what i have read up on the looks a little more involved than it used to be, I’m making the assumption that it will be a 722.9. box For peace of mind I was going to get all the parts from the dealer and do it myself, and buy...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom