Search results

1. F

Possible EV.

To think how the MG brand in all its incarnations has changed, I still have some reservations now the marque is owned by Chinese state-owned automaker SAIC Motor Corporation. Brand ownership is a murky pool, would not surprise me if a few more old brands appeared to "wash" ownership. Thinking...
  2. F

Driving Licence Renewal - very speedy !

There are quite a few bad apples and I expect a whole lot of them to think a change of government will give them a free run and a gravy train to ride on. When you consider the no profit element and the attendant billing costs the NHS gets plenty of money.
  3. F

Far from it, my appreciation of the NHS and its principles is what drives me to despair when I experience the dreadful people who abuse it both from the inside and outside. I pay heavily through my taxes for it and have a stake in it. I know people at all levels and am sick of hearing of pass...
  4. F

Could they just improve the NHS after the DVLA instead of asking for yet more money to waste. The chair of NHS England berated the secretary of state for health for getting involved in the day-to-day running of the NHS The Government needs to park its tanks on the NHS lawn it's populated by so...
  5. F

Possible EV.

It's hard for some to hear but we really are irrelevant in addressing the issues of climate change and as we have seen with the effect on our economy of the energy price rises just "putting the prices up" damages the whole economy. Look at Norway for a very different approach and the...
  6. F

Possible EV.

I think they are around £50,000 here.
  7. F

Possible EV.

Hydrogen attracts me but tup north where I am has nowhere to tank it up. My youth came back with the Mirai in California story and I was thinking at that money I would have one if not just for the novelty. 2023 Toyota Mirai Gets $40,000 Cash Incentive, Is Now Dirt Cheap Factor in the $15,000...
  8. F

Interesting cars seen on the road.

My elderly neighbour has a few thousand mile Audi A8 in his garage, he bought it new in I think 2016. It is as new but what do you do with such a barge? His wife's Lexus is storming towards 20,000 miles :) Something for our children?
  9. F

Possible EV.

1 Australian Dollar equals 0.52 Pound sterling My youth hired an MG EV and was quite impressed but he hasn't driven a huge range of vehicles although his trips to Germany gets him behind the wheel in Porsche and BMW EV's He also rated a Toyota Hybrid Corolla.
  10. F

Never thought I'd get caught out with scum....

You can see why so many use these car-selling sites. I have never heard of them messing around like the above. They do though rely on accurate owner's appraisals which as we all know vary dramatically. There is one of the porta cabin type buildings for one of them in a garden centre car park...
  11. F

Never thought I'd get caught out with scum....

Had a sales incident with some of our fake gypsy travelling friends. Advertised tipping trailer and undervalued it, phone ringing off the hook, so first men to arrive told them I would take the hit and sell at advertised price. They agreed and then started the give me some money back for luck...
  12. F

Possible EV.

Except Taycans apparently. There's a big sign on the door no bla*** no Iri** and no Taycans.
  13. F

Possible EV.

Nothing like a Tesco carrier bag full of cash for your purchases I bought one of my first properties with one. Now I have to go ten rounds with the Bank to get my own money out even more amusing is I have known some of them for decades. One of the richest men I know threw a paddy in the same...
  14. F

Possible EV.

It must be hard to hear your Porsche Dealer say we don't want it even at a Knockdown price when there is nothing it seems wrong with it. I know someone who got a £40,000 kicking for his AMG something speedy or other in just a year but at least they would take it. We are in strange times...
  15. F

Possible EV.

I did wade through a lot of it but he just drones and drones, can he not edit? The numbers are a shock though. Interesting that Porsche don't want it as it looks in great order. It's probably a salutary tale of don't believe the hype from motoring journalists who waxed lyrical about the...
  16. F

Possible EV.

Absolutely, Politics are banned as soon as I have made my point or dressed something that is clearly politics with a large obfuscating cloak. Does anyone know what's up with Sir Beir Starmers car? I heard it only does U-Turns Tee hee................................
  17. F

How Fast Are EV's Getting?

The point is totally ludicrous performance may well be in the hands of responsible and capable drivers but to my certain knowledge there are those that ain't, have never been and even worse think they are. A friend of my youths is one, early 20's and the most ludicrously fast car that he ain't...
  18. F

How Fast Are EV's Getting?

It has some parallels in the Bike world, she who must be obeyed occasionally has a bike licence and can theoretically buy a rocket ship on two wheels to greet a wall or tree, she passed on a Honda 250 something. I who lost the need for speed many moons ago can buy a lunatic model car for a...
  19. F

Possible EV.

Germany wants to push past the 2035 cut-off point for ICE but with synthetic fuels.
  20. F

Possible EV.

There are teething problems with this new wave of EVs those who have bought them try to pretend everything is great and those who don't want to buy or are not able to throw some fuel on the fire. With the newly forecast and emerging technologies promising so much, it's probably a time to sit on...

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom