Search results

1. P

How to search for parts on the Daimler Xentry Parts Information site

I find my subscription to the official Daimler parts information site really useful for checking on what parts to buy. I simply put in my VINs and then its a very simple process. HOWEVER I just cannot work out how to search the site with an official part number. For example I would love to be...
  2. P

W210 PTS Parktronic outer sensors not responding

OK so they are finally working. Didnt realise that after replacing the faulty rear sensors I would still need to clear the logged errors. Until then the Carsoft Ultimate 12 system would not show the outer sensors. So clearing the logged errors led to the sensors finally showing a response on...
  3. P

Parktronic PTS control module location w210

More importantly after 13 years of ownership I have front and rear parking sensors working.......
  4. P

W210 PTS Parktronic outer sensors not responding

Attention any PTS experts - I've got a weird fault on my 2002 facelift e430 estate. Rear PTS failed with no rear display. After replacing a few sensors the display is showing just two bars nearest to centre and warning beep. Used a scanner to discover only the inner 2 units are working. (My...
  5. P

Parktronic PTS control module location w210

To answer my own question for others seeking the same. On a RHD e430 pull the passenger carpet forward from the footwell. You will see a piece of foam - lift it clear. Underneath there is a metal plate held by 3 10mm plastic nuts. Remove these and rotate forward- the module is held in place by 2...
  6. P

W210 Estate Parking sensor query

Bump again - does anyone know of sensor renewal on a facelift w210 estate needs the bumper off. Got the side trims off, the bottom rail of the centre section that holds the sensors but the top wraps over the top of the bumper....
  7. P

W210 e430 engine earth location.

Let me just check the main earth from the engine to the body (NOT the battery to earth) is behind the transmission - I was looking around the bottom of the engine where logic would suggest. Will have a look over the next few days. Will also add a temporary earth using jump leads to see if that...
  8. P

W210 e430 engine earth location.

Despite a decent battery sometimes the car acts like it's got a flat battery. Weirdly sometimes just waiting will see the next attempt succeed though the crank speed is lower. I'm trying to check all the earth connections. ....and just cannot find the main engine earth strap. Can anyone advise...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom