Search results

1. C

Odd Parktronic fault on a W204

Hi Arcangelo It was quite a while ago now and I can't remember exactly where the dodgy connector was ( I've had a few connector issues over the past few years with the rear lights and indicators and my memory is getting worse with age :) ) but I believe that it's either the one in the boot (in...
  2. C

w204 rear light cluster problem

Hi Abzmercowner Sounds awfully like an earth fault to me? I'd be inclined to try connecting the earth track on the bulb assembly directly to a suitable earth point (one of the nuts that hold the unit in place would be suitable) . Just to try it if you've got three hands :) ( a helper ) unclip...
  3. C

UPDATE AGAIN! Just had the same problem recurring!!! so decided to do some serious looking at it! In the end I found that as well as the brown/earth wire being a bad connection causing it to heat up and oxidise causing bad connection, the insulation between the earth and the indicator wire...
  4. C

Update to the above fault: I've now driven about 400 miles after the fix (as above) to Ambleside and back and no more problems whereas I was having a Rear "Rear N/S indicator fail" every 10 or 20 miles previously :) Thanks sid300sl cheers
  5. C

Thanks for this suggestion, I tried it last night and it solved the problem I was having with my rear N/S indicators, it also seems to make the rear lights brighter :) It's an easy fix as after scraping the coating off a bit of the earth track on the custer it's easy to solder the wire and I...
  6. C

Replacing rear LED indicators W204

Thanks LostKiwi I thought that 2 was that, BUT I've now found the answer to my actual problem in another slightly different post. It's not the LED lamp itself but due to an apparently inherent fault/fault liability in C class MB's in the rear light cluster earth connection it leads to...
  7. C

Replacing rear LED indicators W204

Hi all I've a 2010 C220 CDi (sport) saloon The rear nearside indicator LED lamp has an intermittent fault, keeps failing ( rear indicator lamp fail alarm) then coming back up after the engine is switched off. The "fail safe" operates in that the rear lamp flashes instead of the indicator as it...
  8. C

Odd noise from command ( I think?) - 2010 C220 CDi

Hi all before I go disconnecting stuff :) Got in the car yesterday and there was an odd noise from the area of the Command system. Sounds a bit like a hard drive or CD running all by itself OR a sound from somewhere on the speakers!!!!????? So far I have tried switching everything (radio...
Top Bottom