Search results

1. JBM5

2003 CLK Convertible steering

Thank you all for the ideas, its going to be a process of elimination to find the route cause. I'll post back with my findings as soon as I have them.
  2. JBM5

I'm supposing the pump is quite probable. It sounds as though it is doing its job. The belt is quite a fresh one and is tight fitting so I discarded that idea early on. Its the tight feeling as its driven that makes me think something is binding. You can set the steering at an angle and let go...
  3. JBM5

Hi, yes possibly, but apart from just buying a new pump I suppose theres no real way of testing this? I'm going to raise the front and disconnect the track rod ends and first check that there is good movement in the suspension leg and that its not overly stiff to turn.
  4. JBM5

I've over inflated the front tyres to 35 psi. Its made a small improvement but theres still an obvious fault.
  5. JBM5

My CLK 320 convertible steering is stiffer than it used to be and no longer self centres when I'm driving. I've changed the fluid a few times by sucking the old fluid from the reservoir and filling with fresh Pentosin CHF 11S. Tyre pressures have been increased to 5psi above the recommended...

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom