Search results

1. S

2011 CLS350 Gearbox Issues & not recording fault codes

Update ...... Garage suggested the car needed a DPF regen, so this was done, errors cleared and they road tested the car and confirmed all OK. Drove the car the following day and all seemed fine until after approx 1 hr when the car started hesitating on acceleration, at all speeds but most...
  2. S

Out of interest, could a clogged DPF or faulty DPF sensor cause the symptoms I’m experiencing ?; engine noisier, lack of power, erratic gear changes at low speeds, EGR fault codes & RPM surging at motorway speed
  3. S

Thank LostKiwi ... and apologies for the appalling grammar and spelling mistakes in my last post (hopefully now more all corrected) I think you may be right as I seem to be digging myself into a deeper hole. It’s going back into the mapping company for them to have a look on Monday, so if they...
  4. S

Hi All I just wanted to give you an update on the issues Ive had with my car, as they're ongoing and becoming more perplexing ..... Sorry, it's a bit long ... After having the EGR mapped out the car still didn't feel right with rough gear changes and the engine noisier than normal at...
  5. S

Just wondering if there's a physical issue with the EGR causing it to be stuck, and that removing the EGR in the map is now just masking the issue and stopping the car going into limp mode and that now I just seeing poor running due to EGR issues ? Back to the garage we go :(
  6. S

Hi all Just an update on this situation, which unfortunately is not resolved ..... I took the car to Star Tech in Poole who were very helpful and confirmed the EGR valve needed replacing. They ordered one from Mercedes but were told that neither Mercedes UK or Germany had any in stock and that...
  7. S

Cars going in tomorrow, but I decided to buy a cheap OBD2 diagnostic tool and it’s showing the following code; P0405 EGR Sensor A Circuit Low ... looks like it may be nothing to do with the gearbox after all, but just going into limp mode
  8. S

Thanks guys I’m calling Star-Tech again tomorrow to very the car booked in. I may have to drive the car for a few miles to get the fault to re-occur before I drop it down to them. I‘ll let you know the outcome Cheers Simon G
  9. S

hi, according to the service history the ATF & filter were changed in 2017 and I believe only needed every 4-5 years so Star-Tech don’t believe that’s the issue. Not sure on age of battery, so I’ll check.
  10. S

Hi, yes - the company was Star-Tech in Poole who came recommended
  11. S

Hi all I’ve owned a 2011 Merc CLS350 CDi for 12 months and its been one of the best cars I’ve owned. The cars done 78k miles (58k when I bought it a year ago) and it has full Merv service history with the last service carried out by a the dealer in July this year. Over the past week the cars...

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom