Search results

1. M

E220 Passenger window not working

Hi all, my mates 2019 E220 front passenger window has stopped working, clicking can be heard when pressing the button. Any advice much appreciated
  2. M

2001 CL500 Running rich and lumpy after a cold startup

I have read the codes, did come up with a faulty O2 sensor which I replaced, This car has been idle for quiet a few years, perhaps a blast on the motorway may improve things, Will check out the fuel lines. Thanks
  3. M

2001 CL500 Running rich and lumpy after a cold startup

Hi Guys, my2001 CL 500 runs rich and lumpy for 30seconds after a cold startup. In the link below this happens between 20sec and 50sec on the video, black smoke can be seen by the eye at this time though not very visible on the video, after this it returns to smooth running. Any Ideas guys...
  4. M

2001CL500 Engine Light, o2Sensor

I replaced the sensor with my rather crude but functional homemade tool, all is well except for a split second delay when revving from idle, seems to stumble, any ideas on this guys? Thanks to all for the help
  5. M

Thanks for the replies guys, strange that ye have mentioned vermin, my ABC came up as a fault due to the temp sensor fault, took off the sump shield and two pairs of wires had been eaten though by rats, prisoned ones at that due to the blue rat droppings, I guess thats what you get for building...
  6. M

Would anyone have the part number for this O2 sensor, its the one pre CAT on the RHS?
  7. M

Hi everyone, Im trying to recommission my CL after a four year rest, getting there slowly. A Check Engine light is on so I ran diagnostic on it and it came up with the following faults on the RHS O2 sensor. Is this a matter of just replacing the sensor?
  8. M

1989 300SE Cuts out after a 10 min idle

Tried removing the dizzy cap the other day, the bottom bolt tortured me , almost impossible access. will try again over the holidays. Thanks for the help guys
  9. M

I apologise , but are there variant engine models of a 1989 300SE?
  10. M

Thanks Malcolm, pretty sure it has an electronic ignition, will whip the cap off for a look.
  11. M

Hello all, my 89 300SE has been unused for a month or so, I started it up the other day and left it idle, when I returned 10 min later it had cut out and refused to start. The same happed today except it did reluctantly restart but started to missfire 1 min later and cut out a minute later. The...
  12. M

2001 CL500 Extremely loud bang, followed by a dump of oil.ABC?

Ok I have just ordered a new line/hose on ebay part No2203200454 which is line No 120 on the diagram, anyone know the part No for the line 190 on the diagram?
  13. M

Well, I found the culprit, hydaulic hose popped, better replace both of em. Thanks guys Mike
  14. M

Thanks mate, got get it up in the air and take a peek I presume Rgds Mike
  15. M

Was stuck in traffic today after a short drive when I heard what sounded like a shot gun, looked in the rear view mirror and I had dumped quiet a bit oil on the road, immediately followed by smoke (exhaust burning it off) followed by a red ABC display, limped home a mile or so, suspension still...
  16. M

94 C220 Draining battery, buzzing sound near air intake

Flipping heck thats bad, such a fire hazzard
  17. M

Hi guys, yes its coming from around the throttle body, as soon as I reconnect the battery even after days it starts buzzing with the ignition off. Im only assuming this is draining the battery, but if its buzzing constantly its got to. Have heard of looms breaking down but surely this would...
  18. M

Hi guys, my 94 C220 keeps draining the battery and I have discovered this faint buzzing sound near the air intake with the ignition off, the only way to stop it is by disconnecting the battery. Thanks guys
Top Bottom